Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

tsai

Follow me on twitter @tsairox for more on Bobbi Kristina Brown!

Juan Gomez

She'd rather be known as the daughter of a junkie. At least Bobby Brown didn't irresponsibly abandon his daughter by getting lost in a sea of drugs. HE'S still alive. By the way, I'm sick of hearing about these blacks.

parlayer

"Brown" Probably cause it's not dark enough! Consider "Black" if you change it!!

john johnson

aw...just change it to occho cinco.

Superman

Well, I do agree with her. Her parents were idiots giving her that name. It tells me they really wanted a son and couldn't accept that they had a daughter instead.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

She can change her name all she wants, it will not change who she is. I see the Houston's have been whispering in her ear again. She'll learn.

Card

But,you got his Teeth....biotch....LOL

Proud2bBlack

Kristina Houston is a beautiful name. Whatever it takes for her to hold on to her mom, allow the child to find her own happiness. IT's nobody's business but Kristina's.

There's a problem here

... and so it begins. There is great creedence to the idea that during grief or large life changes to not make any important decisions. It's good to know that she's got such a great support network helping her get through all of this as gently as possible (not!). I get the feeling she was fragile even with her mother being around ... for whatever that was worth.

There's a problem here

@ #36 logan - I don't see what is so stellar about *either of her parents' names* Her father was a jerk and her mother was a junkie who loved getting high far more than she loved her daughter. The kid might as well change her name to Mary Jones for all the parenting she got from those two.

Tony Johnson

uh OH! Here we go ~ this doesn't have a good look

RealityBites

Whitney's family is messing with this girl's head, she can hate her father all she wants, but he's the one who got "clean" and he's the one who's still alive. One day she will need him and she'd better hope she hasn't burned that bridge. That family just wants money....Jacksons 2.0

tre

good for her, maybe there's hope after all!

Perky

She should consider getting a reality TV show, something like "I Don't Want To Be Bobbi Brown", where the cameras record her daily hijinks going through life looking like the dad she hates. I'd watch it, no ?

Celeb Gossip Addict

TMZ is only as good as it's sources and with Whitney's hangers on selling information left and right who knows how true this is. Bobby raised his daughter and still has a relationship with her so I hope this isn't true, but I have seen children of celebs be as in awe of their parents as fans so you never know. Whitney's name is equally as soiled as Bobby's. Regardless of what she calls herself the whole world knows who her parents are.