Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Tennisnsun

I hope she changes her name. It likely will change her self worth and ultimately her life. Obviously she was named Bobbi after her father, who most likely wanted a boy. What girl has ever wanted a boy's name? Kristina is a decidedly female name and the stigma of being Bobby Browns daughter is softened as Kristina makes her own way in the world.

janik

I am not surprised. I said I would not be surprised if Bobbi Kris, changed her name to Kristina Houston. I was right on the money.

KMH2674

Well, let's see here. BK's mom drugged herself to death - and turned her daughter into a drug addict - and she wants nothing to do with her father? Why am I confused?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

It's her prerogative.

Truth

KRISSI COULD BE WORSE OFF... HER NAME COULDA BEEN "LINDSAY LOHAN". UGH... CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! #TRUTH!!

dierdre

Who the hell really cares if this kid is gonna change her name or not.....Seriously, is all that the BIG NEWS OF THE DAY>>>>>> ENOUGH ALREADY WITH STUPIDITY......DO WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT...YOUR OF AGE, BUT WHY PUBLISIZE IT.....TOTALLY RIDICULOUS......UGH.......

Joao

Kristina, go for it... Having "Bobbi" for name, especially when it's after Bobby Brown, is like being named."Ghetto" or "Bottom Feeder" or "Lowlife". Do what you got to do. I know BB is getting nervous, this little piece of info is sending him the message that any thoughts he may have had or just that THOUGHTS, because it ANI'T going to happen.... so get a job.

Tanya

WHO GIVES A CRAP!!! YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME BUT YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR PARENTS. YOU WILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE YOUR "BIG-ASS BOBBY BROWN"! YOU WANT CHANGE GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LIVE A CLEAN LIFE AND STAY AWAY FROM YOUR DRUGS!

msangelina

Do it! I've always disliked that Bobbi Kristina mouthful of a name. While we're at it, let's give Paris, Prince, and Blanket some new names, too.

Butterfly

DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS GIRL'S EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND? Many of today's nineteen year olds are focused on a solid future for independence and are willing to work toward it even tho their parents were not exactly role models. I hate to say it, but, it appears this girl is, probably, being brainwashed since her father is so desperately hated by her relatives. She has the right to change her name, her facial features as a reminder of her father, but, she will NEVER be able to run away or erase her rightful heritage of both parents. Hopefully, this girl will grow up and try to make something of herself and develop her own life into something she can be proud of. Tine will tell. Good Luck!!!

casey

........................frickin weird

STFUP

Apparently, she's bought the line of BS Whitney's family has been shoveling - that Bobby was the cause/reason Whitney couldn't stay off drugs.
That is wrong. Whitney was into drugs LONG before she ever met Bobby - and after their divorce, he got clean immediately while she....... Hmmmm.
Bobbi shouldn't diss her father like this. She wishes she was Whitney - but this won't make that happen. She'll come to regret dissing her father like this.

barbara

I don't think its bobbi making the decision I think its whitney's family trying to keep bobby brown away from his daughter.

indianlindy

sounds like a good Idea to me

Discretion

Like I stated before, Whitney's family was not keeping Bobby from Bobbi Kristina she just did not want to be bothered... Bobbi witnessed a lot of things that the public may never know about and Bobbi knows if her father was there for her or not... Bobbi Kristina do what you feel that you need to do.