Chris Rock

ATTACKS Camera

Over Tea Party Question

3/14/2012 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0314_camera_attack
0_v26j4l22_0_vjma3q0xChris Rock
violently attacked a journalist's camera in January -- after the guy tried to trap Rock with a question about the comedian's controversial stance on the Tea Party -- and the intense footage has just surfaced.

In case you didn't know -- Rock went OFF on the TP last year in an Esquire interview, claiming, "When I see the Tea Party and all this stuff, it actually feels like racism’s almost over. Because this is the last -- this is the act up before the sleep. They’re going crazy. They’re insane."

So conservative writer Jason Mattera decided to question Rock about his opinion at the Sundance Film Festival in January -- blindsiding Rock with a TP question ... asking, "When you said the Tea Party was insane and racist ..."

But before he could finish his question, Rock tried to walk away. When he discovered his path was blocked by other people, Rock turned around and grabbed Mattera's camera and wrestled it to the ground.

A rep for Chris says the actor's attorney is looking into the video.

Party of 7

Wow, I am a mother, educated, NOT a racist, and I believe the Tea Party has some ideas we need to listen to before it is to late.

Chris Rock I was a BIG fan and now I am not.

lynn

It's amazing that these Hollywood Liberals in the entertainment industry can dish it out, but cannot take it when they are asked about their prior comments (their own words) and are asked in a nice way. I thought comics were tough, but he is a wus to get violent with a camera lady. So much for respect towards women and giving a response to his own comments. Shame on you Chris Rock for your violent behavior. Do you teach your children this behavior? I hope not! If Chris does not apologize, I will boycott his stuff. He is funny & talented, but not that talented.

FYI: What retribution would have happened to the interviewer or camera person, if they had pushed Chris Rock around? We would be having a different conversation, right? What would have happened if Mel Gibson had pushed this lady camera person around? Another different conversation, right?

lynn

Wow, Chris Rock has serious anger issues & needs to channel his anger in a movie, not real life! He needs to go to anger management. Doesn't he have a family, so what role model is he to his kids. Nobody was acosting him, so he was the one that lashed out. Not cool! Chris Rock....if you know what's good for you, you need to apologize to the camera lady and to your family for such an outburst in public.

BREITBART = HERO

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wish Chris Rock would embrace the teachings of Dr. King. Plus, Mr. Rock needs to open his small mind and have an enlightened conversation with highly respected black conservative Dr. Thomas Sowell.

lynn

Now, I really feel for the TMZ camera guys that get bashed for nothing. I could understand a father or mother that were protecting their children, but Chris Rock is a grown man that is not man enough to comment back on his own words. Get a grip! Chris, you are in the entertainment business and want to hide from the camera? Why don't you hide from the camera permanently now, as getting violent with the camera lady who did not touch you or threaten you is wrong on so many levels. No more watching this man anymore for comic relief. He is just an angry man now. There are so many better entertainers to watch and younger ones coming along as well. You are not Eddie Murphy or Red Foxx, so just retire of the screen now.

Ben

Play the Left Wing game, Sue Chris Rocks ass off.

pat

Chris Rock looks like he is high on dope. He is acting like one of those people he hates.

Joao

Uncivilized savage.

Hank

Is it possible for black people to have an issue with something other than it's racist? I don't think so thats all they talk about I'm just sick of it. I don't like Obama so I'm a racist couldn't just be I think Obama is an idiot. After all he is half white and I don't like that half either.

Holly

Leave the dude alone. He has a right to his opinion.

Fat Mike

There's a big difference between reporting the news and BEING the news. Tell your staff to pull their heads in!

dope-digity

Washed up hack couldn't even take the heat, what a washed up fool HA,HA

Minarchian

How is asking him about a statement he made somehow a "trap", TMZ?

Nice way to try to spin it to make it look like asking the Hollywood hypocrites a simple question is some kind of attack itself.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

No big surprise. Pretty much 95% of Chris Rock's act is about race. It's all the guy can talk about. I rarely hear him talking about anything other than how much the white man hates black people.

Wash. Hts. Girl

Wow what a mature response! Hadn't this punk ever hear of debating your point? Guess not, if you are a low-class punk.