Lindsay Lohan

Strikes Person While Driving

Flees Scene

3/14/2012 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0314-lilo-car-tmz-ex
update_bar
11:15 AM:
Lindsay took to her Twitter this morning to combat the allegations -- calling the hit-and-run accusation "a complete lie."

6:06 AM: The plot thickens ... Sources tell us, the manager who Lindsay struck has gone to the emergency room and we're told he is going to press charges and hire an attorney. Cops told us they will open a hit-and-run investigation if the manager files a report.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the 26-year-old manager was standing by his car when Lindsay was attempting a 3-point turn and she grazed his knee and his car. We're told the manager didn't know who Lindsay was at first and he told the paparazzi on scene and police that he didn't need medical attention. Cops say he was told the driver was Lindsay but he said he wasn't from this country and didn't know who she was. We're told a short time later he began complaining he was injured.

TMZ spoke to an eyewitness who also says the manager was fine and actually "got up and started smoking his hookah."

0314_lindsay_witness_videolaunch
3:15 AM:  Cops tell TMZ ... they have investigated and determined no one was injured so as far as they are concerned it's case closed. They added it could be reopened if the person struck contacts them later and claims injury.

0314_divider_graphic
Lindsay Lohan
struck someone while driving away from a club, and then fled the scene ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay was in her new Porsche when she left the Sayers Club in Hollywood at just after midnight Wednesday.

We're told she was driving out of the parking lot when she was blocked by paparazzi and bystanders around the nearby Hookah Lounge.

Lindsay made contact with the manager of the Hookah Lounge with her car and then peeled out.

Cops were called, came to the scene, interviewed people inside the Hookah Lounge -- including the manager who was lightly struck -- and then left.

We're told Lindsay may have been the one who called police to protect herself from paparazzi, and that's why cops came.

Sources at the scene say the manager may not have suffered any injury. If that's the case, Lindsay probably did not violate any law, but if he was injured that could constitute the crime of hit-and-run.  What's more, it could be grounds to violate her probation in the shoplifting case.

ShoWhite

Sorry, but what do the paparazzi and/or other people expect to happen when they continuously surround celebrities' cars so they can't leave when they are just trying to live their lives? If I was so surrounded that I had to call the cops to get out of a parking lot, I would probably get pissed and hit someone too. JS

LLsez

]"That's not my thing anymore," Lindsay Lohan recently said.
"I went out, actually, a few months ago with a friend. And I was so uncomfortable. Not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before. And it just wasn't fun for me. I've become more of a homebody. And I like that."

Yeah, but that's when she was a blonde. And thought she had a shot at a comeback.

mannequin

No regard for anyone. What a despicable person.

Dr. M

A Lindsay "non-story". Why not do a positive story on her progress and growth ?

Peace
Dr. M
MM

LRT

Do I hear TRAINWRECK again?
Why run?
PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.....HIDE NOTHING,

CoolPhosphorescentShimmer

I am a Homebody, too. This does not mean what you all seem to think it means: someone who prefers staying home. Oh no. Homebodies are people who say they like to stay at home, but "this doesn't mean we lock ourselves in our houses and never go out." In fact, last night, there was a big Homebody party at a local club. We all celebrated the fact that Homebodies are not locked in their houses and are allowed to go out. Most of the time, in fact, we go out on Tuesday nights until at least midnight when we have to get up and be at Community Service at 8 AM the next day. A lot of time, we hit people with our cars and don't stop, because Homebodies are too shy to talk to police or anything like that. That's how Homebodies roll.

Sloane

the fact that she just can not seem to stay out of the clubs tells me that she really hasn't learned her lesson yet!
most people don't feel the need to go to a club on a Tuesday night...unless maybe they have a bit of a problem.......

Rogue Warrior

Hey Lilo, you should have dropped the clutch and taken out as many of those POS haturd paparazzi as possible. You failed miserably, next time body bags should be involved.

FACT

Seldombinlaid

The article sats she bumped him? I'm sure she knows now. Did she know then? I would imagine these people expect camera people, and such to move as their driving. Look at me, now I'm making excuses for her. I'd hoped that she'd put bad things behind her.

jr.d

Why is she going to clubs and putting herself in these situations?

Nikki

Again, Black Cloud. Bravo on that Black Jinx you set upon Lindsay Lohan..Way to go!!!!

char

I don't know how many more chances Lindsay is going to get without having to do any serious jail time. She's going to end up seriously hurting someone or herself. If she doesn't want the pap bothering her then why go out to public places at least until her probation is over and the news coverage following her dies down. If she called the police herself because the pap was surrounding her and wouldn't let her leave then why didn't she wait for the police to arrive to assist her instead of plowing thru and hitting someone. I think Lindsay is dangerous and wreckless and needs to do some serious jail time nothing else has worked and she is seriously in need of something to be done with her before she kills somebody or herself.

Rogue Warrior

And look at all the Trailer Court, skeptics spewing thier thoughts, theories, and opinions like they know what REALLY happened!!!! Nothing but a bunch of road wrecked, inbred, illiterate H8turds fabricating and spinning stories based on a "slice" of a view of what went down, FROM A GOSSIP SITE!!!!! LMAO, like I said Lilo, next time drop the clutch and let it rip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firefly

Morning everyone,

I actually got a little giddy when I saw that our OLD Lindsay was up to her usual crap. I was thinking just the other day, Is Lindsay going to actually get pass this probation? Is the entertainment going to stop? Will she continue to be a homebody that no one wants to write about anymore? Nah, no way! She gives the gossip sites the big draw that they get. They will never let her go for she herself won't let go of the clubbing and the partying. Don't you just love happy endings? :)

LLsez

Lol, Blo is already in her post-formal-probation glow!