'Luck' Director

Blames TMZ for Killing Show

3/15/2012 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

031512_luck_still2031512_luck_still2
Director Michael Mann straight up LIED to the cast and crew of "Luck" yesterday ... insisting the reason the show got cancelled is because TMZ "unfairly spun" the story about a THIRD horse dying on set.

Sorry Michael ... no spin here.

Mann and producer David Milch addressed the staff right after HBO pulled the plug on the show yesterday ... and explained, "If you take a look at the media coverage that has been spun unfairly. If you saw the media coverage ... It's TMZ and everybody else."

Let's take a look at the facts ...

-- THREE horses died on their watch. No spin.
-- Horse #3 was euthanized on the set ... and production continued a few hours later
-- Publicist Karen Jones initially LIED to TMZ about the story ... in an effort to stall us from publishing.

Bottom line -- if the horses were alive, the show MIGHT still be on the air.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

coastal

Thank you TMZ!! F-U Michael Mann. Good riddance Luck. RIP poor horses.

PaulWS

This was a good show, there was no reason to cancel it.

Phreaky

You go TMZ, keep killing those lame shows! Can you work on Kartrashians next pretty please?

coco

It's good, at least Sarah Jessica Parker survived it.

Ann

You can tell listening to this guy, there is no concern for the horses. None whatsoever.

Ann

Way to go TMZ! You've probably saved horse's life undoubtedly!

northern gypsy

not one...not two...but three horses died...something was terribly wrong on that set !!! congrat tmz your a force to be reckon with...

patty

and we thank you tmz!!!

Manimal

It beHOOVES me to say that Luck wasn't that great a show to begin with. The story would have come out sooner or later.

sonnfish

Mann is a dolt. How can you possibly blame anyone else for the death of the horses? Do you think production should be allowed to continue with that going on? Clearly it was unsafe for them. How many more horses have to die to make this show? The show did this to itself, so don't blame the watchful eye of the world "Mann". BTW, how does Dustin feel about all of this? Is he anti horse? Get a comment from him TMZ!

quezcotl

That's why I dont like TMZ, tree loving hippies/far-left animal lovers.
I own horses myself, but just because one,two or seven dies doesnt mean you can end a good tv-show.
what about our feelings and our happiness? your telling me 3 horses life are worth more then my tv enjoyment?
Get out of here you hippies.

ps! I own dogs,cats and horses irl (and I live in the city, Stockholm)

DiatribesAndOvations

I think HBO took the high road with this decision. http://wp.me/p1se8R-2yq

If they had continued and another horse fell ill, the negative publicity would have impacted the entire network and not just the one series.

Tucsonindiangirl

Great job TMZ !! You may have saved a 4th horse from being killed ! I hope someone will be held accountable for the deaths of the 3 horses, perhaps Michael Mann himself.

Denise Tarvin

Love the show. Too bad they didn't care for the horses the way they should have. Glad for that reason show's been canceled; bummed because it was so good.

Cheryl A.

If TMZ caused the show to be cancelled, GOOD. I could NOT work anywhere where animals were dying left and right.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments