Michael Madsen

Off the Hook

In Child Endangerment Case

3/15/2012 8:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Madsen booking photo"Kill Bill" star Michael Madsen won't face any charges stemming from his child endangerment arrest last week -- this according to the L.A. County District Attorney.

A rep for the D.A.'s office tells TMZ, charges won't be filed due to insufficient evidence.

TMZ broke the story, Madsen was arrested at his Malibu home on Friday on suspicion of felony child endangerment after allegedly getting into a physical fight with his juvenile son ... who he found smoking pot in the house.

Cops responded to a call about a domestic dispute at Madsen's home -- and when they arrived, we're told they observed signs of injury on the boy. According to cops, Madsen also appeared to be under the influence of alcohol at the time of his arrest.

His son did not require medical attention.

Madsen's attorney Perry Wander tells TMZ, "Michael is grateful that this unfortunate family incident is now closed and thanks those that thoroughly investigated this matter."

Mumra the Ever Living

One doper, one drunk. No harm, no foul.

Amber

It's sad that you can't disipline your child today... Do I think it should ahev been a physical fight, No. Do I think that kid should have had his azz beat, Yes! Glad the charges were dropped so they can deal with the obvious issues they have!

Frankthepotatoman

Toiling in the potato fields all my life has built character in me and I'd suggest these two do the same.

Tracy

how saddd

Phreaky

It's amazing what money and an attorney with close ties to the prosecutor's office in L.A. can do for people in Hollywood.

6one9

Kids that smoke pot ``````` in the house
NEED to be dealt with!!
He should have told the little ****z
to take `` the bong ``` outside to smoke his pot!!
CHA!! ☺

loungecat

How do we know the son was actually smoking pot and that it wasn't just an excuse to tell cops? And cops witnessed marks on the son, so why were charges dropped.... did dad threaten son not to cooperate with police?

PopTart

If he was black, that kid would have been ground meat. Then the cops would have sent Madsen to jail for 3-5.

good as gold

Pot mellows you out. Alcohol makes must men get violent above .10. Perhaps Michael should learn from his son and start smoking pot then he wouldn't feel the need to be violent towards him.

Canadasux

I'm usually the person who wants to "throw the book" at these drunken knuckleheads. But, in this case, since M.M. doesn't frequently show up in the media for being a sot, and he's found out his son is smoking pot (bad time to be hammered), let the guy off with a warning this time. But, unfortunately his son dodged a bullet only because of his dad's celebrity. The son souldn't be allowed to get away with smoking dope so easily.

Pdd3517

TheEdge, I'm with you on this one!! Loungecat, unfortunately the "Medical Marijuana" bill in Cali is a JOKE!!! Anyone can get a card for $100 - INCLUDING KIDS. So checking for pot in the house is practically useless unless there is a lot of it and then you have intent to distribute. Had it been my kid smoking pot in my house, I would have been taken to jail also. Only difference is they would have been taking my kid to the hospital. The complete disrespect of kids now a days is insane.

Pimpcessa

I guess there's a very fine line in terms of spanking and beating a child that is doing something wrong. I don't agree with any form of "physical abuse", for adults or children, however it seems these days kids are completely out of control because parents are no longer allowed to discipline their kids, without getting their asses thrown in jail. When I was growing up we all had a genuine fear of our parents wrath and that was why we stayed on the straight and narrow - for the most part. Not to be confused with being terrified of them.

I guess I'm just saying that it's not as easy today to determine what is considered discipline and what is considered abuse, in the eyes of the law. And I don't believe that the stance of the granola eating tree huggers is doing our society any favors. Just look at the kids these days bringing guns to school, cussing out teachers and parents etc....

Not saying I have the answers either. Just meaning that the thought of going to the proverbial "wood shed" with one of my folks, certainly made me think twice about the kind of mischief I got into.

R

I hope he tries the best he can to straighten his son out. One of the best ways to start is to stop enabling the kid. Take away and stop what you've been giving him.

Carl

Good. His son probably deserved a good smacking around for that. There is a difference between what happened here and actual child abuse. That's probably what the DA decided.

PaulWS

Theres a difference between giving your child a beating and beating your child.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments