Jason Russell's Wife

He Does Not Have

a Substance Abuse Problem

3/17/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0317_jason_russell_getty_bn
The wife of Jason Russell, the documentarian who was detained Thursday for running through the streets of San Diego naked, claims he does not have a problem with drugs or alcohol.

Danica Russell issued a statement addressing the bizarre incident, saying, "Let us say up front that Jason has never had a substance abuse or drinking problem, and this episode wasn’t caused by either of those things. But yes, he did some irrational things brought on by extreme exhaustion and dehydration."

Russell was captured on video obtained by TMZ ... standing on a street corner and pounding his fists on the sidewalk.

Russell is being held on a 5150 psychiatric hold so authorities can decide if he poses a danger to himself or others.

jj

This guy is so vain, fronting this "charity" like a whore or one of those self-serving types who claim to be helping others when they just reap of the attention for themselves.

angles

I THINK SOMEONE DRUGGED HIM TO ACT THIS WAY IS BEOND NORMAL FOLLOW HIS TRACES COULD BE SABATAGE TO KILL HIS REPETATION YOU NEVER KNOW ANYTHING IS POSSIABLE I WOULD KKEEP AN EYE ON HIS FAMILY HE IS WELL KNOWN FOR HIS TASK WORLD WIDE .

Jo Maurice

A lot of filmmakers who make do***entaries on atrocities and really difficult subjects suffer from some form of PTSD. Wonder if that's part of the problem.

oldwomenshouldbehave

not that i have a problem with gay people but i thought he was gay....he acts like one on his interviews at least..Wow some women today will marry anybody, is this boredom or just plain stupidity...years from now he'll come out of the closet and she'll say: didn't see any signs!!!!

Arthur

well if it was exhaustion then he will be fine as of probably real soon. I f it was drugs then he will probably be in a lot of withdrawal for the next couple of days

Celebrities Suck

His wife is delusional! Extreme exhaustion and dehydration does not cause you to masturbate in public nor run naked in public. He must of been on something unless the people in Uganda put a mojo on him to make him nuts for making a video about something that happen over 9 years ago but mean while your husband is banking on something that isn't happening NOW! Maybe a Voodoo man put a hex on him!

Bird

Yeah, because the last time I got really tired and thirsty, I ran out into traffic naked and started furiously masturbating while screaming incoherently. Come the f_ck on. How stupid do you think the rest of the world is? And why the f_ck is he soo malnourished and dehydrated? With all the money he's scamming from people with this Kony 2012 bullsh_t, he should have plenty to eat and drink. The man was proven to be a fraud, and he cracked. Simple as that. I hope that from now on, people will actually do some research before they start sending their money to some crazy jackass.

Truth

CONCLUSION? IT'S EASIER TO ARREST JASON RUSSELL THAN JOSEPH KONY. YEA... KONY 2012. RUSSELL 5150. #TRUTH!!

Mikey

"dehydrated and exhausted"

Does this mean that everyone goes nuts and masturbates in public at the end of a marathon race?

Marathon racers just collapse for exhaustion and start masturbating at the end of the race?

Mikey

I'm masturbating again, Moe, Larry, the cheese.......

chash

Maybe Kony is a real devil after all and has done this to him or his wife absconded conjugal duties for a prolonged period and the guy cracked

buzz kill

No drugs or alcohol? I guess that just leaves CRAZY.

buzz kill

No drug or alcohol problem? I guess that just leaves crazy. Extreme exhaustion and dehydration? Well a drink of water isn't that hard to come by in San Diego and if most people are exhausted they sleep.

Seldombinlaid

Every time I get dehydrated, I fall out. I don't pass out, I just can't get back up. Used to end up in the E.R. with a bag of fluids going into me. So now, I carry an emergency bottle of gatoraide with me. I can feel it coming on. My blood pressure drops. I suppose it can effect people in different ways. Like a nurse once told me, being dehydrated just effects so many different things in our bodies. They have to rehydrate you to check other things. Good for an 8 hour stay if that's all it is. Gets expensive, so hence the bottle of gatoraide. Just water won't do it.

Nancy Benjamin

Its easy to bash someone you don't know anything about. It should never be done to someone you know nothing about except for one incident. Cruel comments are unchristian. You have never walked a mile in Jason's shoes. Time to stop the cruelity and start the prayers.