« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike Tyson

First Las Vegas, Then ... BROADWAY!!!

3/17/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0317_tyson_tmzcomposite_ex
Mike Tyson is best known for taking a bite out of a guy's ear, but now he has his sights set on taking a bite of the Big Apple -- he wants to take his one-man Las Vegas show ... to Broadway!

Sources close to the boxing legend tell TMZ that even though the show has yet to open in Sin City, Iron Mike wants to take it on tour and then tackle the Great White Way. We're told Tyson has always wanted to do a show on Broadway, and he feels this could be his chance.

According to our sources, Tyson and his people are waiting to see how the Vegas show sells first before planning a tour of any kind (with NYC being the main stop). We're told the show has sold well so far, but hasn't sold out yet.

"Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth" runs from April 13-18 at the MGM Grand.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bill

I have a hard time understanding what he is saying.

northern gypsy

hey if i was in vegas in that time frame i'd go see it !!!
no doubt M.T. has a checkered past...
if well written who knows it could be the break out hit on broadway!!!

Eldridge Cleaver

A literal moron with a profound speech impediment has a one man show? This I gotta see...

ScottyJ

"best known for taking a bite out of a guy's ear"??! Er... I guess you've never watched boxing. He's actually best known for being one of the (if not the) best boxers of all time.

AlfredHaynes

Why are stupidity and violence so celebrated in the media? Any savage who intentionally bites another man's ear off should be shunned for life!

matt

Acual MT quotes:

Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson hooking up again with promoter
Don King:
"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for
three years, not Princeton."

Mike Tyson Quotes

"I could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating,"

"I want your heart, I want to eat your children."

"If Lewis tries to intimidate me again I will put a bullet
in his skull."

"I want your grandkids and great-grandkids to remember me
and say 'Wow, what a bizarre individual.' "

RowlandDouglas

my classmate's mother makes $84/hr on the internet. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her check was $8514 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read about it on this site CashLazy.com

PatTheCat215

Best known for biting a guys ear? lol@ the geek writing this article.

alex

I want to see his one man show!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Not interested, but I'd go just to see how he handles it when somebody's cell phone rings.

MISS & MR FIDELity

MIKE we are not that Close Bro!!

Jodi

I think we can honestly and safely say Mike will not last in Vegas, there will be no tour and there's no chance in hell he's going to Broadway. Case closed. I

Majestik

Is this one man show like "Charlie Sheen's Torpedo of Truth" tour?
I'm sorry, whether reformed or not, I can't get past what he's done over the years. I wouldn't attend this show if someone offered me "FREE" front row tickets.

KicksandGiggles

I hope this is a joke. A show doing what? He can barely speak much less sing. So exactly what are people paying to see? His best gig is a boxing coach.

His best gig is someone`s teeth on a sidewalk.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments