Katy Perry

Covers 'N**gas In Paris'

... In England

3/19/2012 7:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_katy_perry_videoKaty Perry threw on a Yankees hat ... and belted out a rendition of the Jay Z/Kanye West track, "N**gas in Paris" ... and it's ... interesting.

It all went down a few hours ago during a performance for BBC Radio 1 in London. Don't worry, Katy used the word "ninjas" instead of the OTHER n-word.

It ain't the first time Katy's covered a Jay Z rap song ... last year she covered "Big Pimpin'" during a performance in Auckland.

But back to the new song ... we gotta ask ...

fhstke

...more importantly why is she dressed like one of the three amigos got transferred into the ENCOM mainframe?

miguel

Roy what do you gain from using the word? Absolutely nothing just like any white person also using the word. I can't imagine people wanting to use the word or crying about other people using it. Sounds like hypocrisy in the biggest sense.

Lesley

I'm going to act like I never heard the original. So, saying that, I think Katy did a very good job rapping/singing and performing the song. She didn't disrespect anyone only entertained. Sometimes I wish we can ALL put our ignorance aside and give props when props are due!

oclaw714

Katie needs to stop rapping like Drake needs to stop singing.

scoopie

Wonder if this so called Christian is gonna sing it to Jesus

Herman Bumfudle

lol! cute. holla back from NYC, beautiful.

Dino

I love Katy Perry...she's so damn hot and she can sing whatever she wants. If the N word is so offensive coz white people used it during the slavery years...then why do black people enjoy using the word so much?? You don't hear Pakistanis calling labeling themselves as Pakis or Jews...Yids. Deal with it!! And I'm black!!

carol

why??

pilcrepap420

People seem to be complaining about her not using the "N" word. Well, she didn't use any other swear words either. Obviously she's catering to her fans and not just making a statement about how white people can't use that word. With that said, I think it sucked.

Donald Ray

I don't give a **** about who uses the word and I''m Black. I've got more important **** in MY life to worry about. In saying that, whatever she was TRYING to do, that **** was WEAK, WEAK, WEAK!I remember when that Taylor Swift was 'rapping'with TI, some more WEAK ****.

Jim in Cali

My ears are bleeding

MizzRedd

Not bad lol I like it

outrageous

The song has so much more meaning pffff.. Its about the black struggle to barely fit into society pfff..
Its just another crappy rap song about money and what not lol..
Thats all the rappers do today for the most part is rap about hoes,money,cars,liquor,drugs etc etc..
It doesnt matter who sings it or covers it plain and simple..
The struggle lol.. please....

Tam

WTF?? Are people crazy??? White people wanna use the N word to satisfy their inner racist!! No...you CAN'T USE THE WORD!!! Bottom line. Say the word to a black persons face & I guarantee it will be a bad deal!!

jack

I had to stop it, my ears were in pain, Jessie J she isn't. But keep striving Katy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments