Gallagher

Brand New Ticker Tube

After Heart Attack #5

3/26/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_9w179015_0_qjk9ifa3
Legendary comedian Gallagher is rocking some fresh hardware after his latest heart attack -- his FIFTH to be exact -- claiming doctors installed a brand new stent in a major artery to keep his ticker pumping.

Jonathon Brandmeier from WGN Radio in Chicago called Gallagher's cell phone this morning on a whim -- and the comedian actually answered ... holed up in a hospital room after surgery.

As we previously reported, Gallagher suffered yet another heart attack this weekend in Arizona -- just days after being released from a Texas hospital, following a previous heart attack.

Gallagher tells Brandmeier, the Arizona doctor cleaned out his old stents and even installed a new one -- but even though he's feeling better ... he's in no hurry to go back on stage. In fact, Gallagher says his stand-up career is over.

Mikey

Revenge of the watermelon.

Stoneinfl

Tomorrow's Headline: Watermelon growers of American in Panic

dlight72

Hope he gets better soon. I know he's not exactly an A lister but I had the privilege of seeing him back in the early 80s at the Houston Coliseum. They wouldn't let him do the watermelon bit in the theater so after the show, he had everyone come out to a plaza/park across the street and did it out there. What a standup guy, literally.

Mc752

I hope that he gets better real quickly. Please leave him alone, he needs to rest and his body is most likely in shock after undergoing this latest issue.

Itchy_Balls

HA I told you pople last week he would be dead within 6 months and you voted my comment down...you can all suckit...send me my free t shirt for winning the death pool

Kelly

Darn! I thought he'd be dead by Tuesday. Gallagher is a vile human being. Burn in Hell.

Wellington

The guy needs to change his diet. Stents are a temporary fix and treating symptoms. He needs to see "Forks Over Knives" movie and stop eating meat, dairy, and oil.

DIANE

Glad to hear you are ok Gallagher! Way to go Johnny B...I heard you make this call this am...WGN rocks

JugTown

Why is TMZ whitewashing Gallagher? He's a known racist. Search YouTube for "Gallagher DVLH" without the quotes and see what he's like when he's not in LA or NY and in front of 'his people'. He's a coward and washed up. Die already.

Sean Doyle

I get sad reading this about Gallagher, hope he doesn't have to go through another heart attack anytime soon.

Fidel Sarcastro

The guy needs a new heart, why does cheney get one when good ol gallagher has done more to entertain and brighten the lives of people. Hell gallagher would at least use the old heart in his act. One tired heart, one large wooden mallet... everyone watch out in the splatter row.

jeff p

Which Gallagher is this?
Him..or his brother?

TheVolleyballGod

Really his life ended when he lost all his hair, its been a slow suicidal eating binge ever since and we know and he knows he does not want to live.

bring back recent posts

..I can tell just by this pic he has a lot of inflammation..time too relax and appreciate every day you have..and chill sir!!!...you'll be fine with sticking too your doctors orders..meds now give life for a long time...IF u are good too ur body..

thestupid

WGN AM is AWESOME!!! Garry Meier is the freakin BEST! I wear my ****ey with pride! :)