« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I Can't Pay My Child Support Bill

... Because I'm BROKE

3/27/2012 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0327_dennis_rodman_BN_01

update_bar
2:18 PM PDT --
Rodman's rep tells TMZ ... the "sick" comment was a reference to the NBA legend's ongoing struggle with alcoholism.

The rep notes ... Dennis visited a doctor a few months ago and he's in "great physical shape."

0314_divider_graphic
Dennis Rodman
can't afford to pay more than $800,000 in back child support ... because he's dead ass broke -- this according to new court documents.

Dennis' estranged wife Michelle Rodman filed new papers this month, claiming The Worm owes $808,935 in unpaid child support for his 9- and 10-year-old children -- and an additional $51,441 in unpaid spousal support.

But Dennis' attorney responded to the filing, insisting there's no way the Chicago Bulls legend can pay those bills -- because "Respondent Dennis Rodman is broke and cannot afford any additional fees."

According to his lawyer, Dennis is also "extremely sick" and just isn't making the same bank he made back in his heyday. The lawyer does not specify the nature of Rodman's illness.

According to Dennis' lawyer, the giant child support figure is based on an order Michelle obtained a while ago behind his back -- requiring Rodman to pay $50,000 a month in child support ... an order Dennis has been fighting since 2010.

Dennis' lawyer insists the monthly amount is "unjustified" because it isn't based on Dennis' actual income ... it's based on ludicrous estimates made by Michelle's attorney.

51-year-old Rodman is due in court today for a contempt hearing -- stemming from the child support bill -- and he could be sentenced to 20 days in jail for failure to make payments.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

t4trble

The judge should have lowered his child suppport payments years ago. The kids don't need that much money, the mom does, to support some lifestyle she thinks she deserves. I have never read so many racist remarks on TMZ before, Harvey, ban those people! Dennis, keep your C*CK in your pants or put a rubber on it! Dennis was a bit of a racist himself, calling a friend of mine a cracker. But people, stop with the racism - its awful!!

Athina

Someday these wealthy celebrities/sports figures will wise up and realize that if they have unprotected sex the woman will profit hugely from the resulting pregnancy. If they don't want to pay a ridiculous amount of child support every month, then either use a condom, don't have sex, get fixed or pay up. Don't believe anything the woman tells you regarding her birth control method because there probably isn't one.

Christy

He has been a loser for a while. I just feel dirty.. like I need a shower, even when I read about him!

John Galt

I blame the hoodie.

Jodi

How can he afford a lawyer if he's broke? I can't believe Dennis is $800,000 million dollars behind in child support. This is ludicrous. Did he EVER PAY CHILD SUPPORT?

I can't feel sorry for him, just can't. Dennis made enough money in his lifetime that he should be enjoying his retirement and not be in debt to ANYONE. SMH

Bo

I totally agree with Athina. I hope the haters who are concerned that Tebow haven't gotten laid or have a girlfriend should read this article.

Barbara A.

None of these ex-athletes should get any paychecks with back child support due, not even pension. But $50,000.00 a month in child support for two kids is a bit high, if he really blew all his money on drugs and alcohol, then go back to court and prove it, to just not pay anything says a whole lot about this fool.

I am Spartacus

i wouldn't be surprised if the illness is aids. And i'm being serious about that. It's sad that so many athletes piss away their money but paying $50,000 a month on child support also will burn through your money fast. How does it cost $50,000 for child support?

It doesn't cost me $5,000 a month to live as an adult with bills so how does a child require $50,000 a month?

$60......0,000 a year for child support? $60......0,000 for 2 kids? And then Spousal support on top of that? Someone needs to explain to me where all that money is going (if he had been paying it?).

With money like that those kids can retire without ever having to work.

ThaQueen621

UGGHHH!! his lips in that pic just made me throw up

I am Spartacus

can someone explain to me why 2 kids require $60......0,000 a year? Even Octomom doesn't spend $60......0,000 a year on 14 kids but apparently these 2 kids require that much? Oh and don't forget spousal support on top of that.

Must be nice to be retired at 9 & 10 years old without ever having to work.

Bud

This "freaksow" was my neighbor in Newport Beach....no wonder he has no dough. He spent it on all the hoes and booze back then EVERY FREAKIN DAY!! Thank God they kicked his butt outta my 'hood and back to the circus where this no-talent freak of nature belongs!

quezcotl

Guys, calm down.
There is a reason for this. if you are worth 50 million, and you get divorced you have an obligation to spend a certain % on your kids. Is it fair that his duaghters should live on 5 dollar a month when their father had 50 million in the bank? then this moron/jack-ass spent it all on dumb things. No way in hell are you obligated to pay that much child support unless you had a large sum of cash in the bank. And its fair, if a parent makes 2000 dollar a month he should pay his kid 200, if makes 20.000 he should pay 2000, the kids deserve a certain % of what their parents make. Its not okay with billionaries and millionaire parents who one day say "oh im broke" someone else should pay for my kid. No, you had the f'ing money and your the last person in the world who should ask the gov/wife to spend it on them. use your own money.

I make, if we convert kronor into dollar roughly 8000 dollar a month, and im 25 with two daughters, I spend around 1000 dollar on them a month. if I had 800.000 a month, I would spend 100.000 on them.
Also, his "blonde wife" clearly was after the money, but then again, im not gonna pretend I married my wife anything but her body&face myself. anyway, he got nice sex, he didnt pay for his kids, he wasted it like an idiot, and now he should pay for it.

John

$800,000 for child support is a fking joke in the first place. What two kids need $800,000 by the age of 10? He's being severely taken advantage of. The average cost to raise a child to the age of 18 is only in the $200,000 - $250,000 range, yet these two kids need $400,000 each by the age of 10 from ONE of the parents? Again, being severely taken advantage of because the court system is a fking joke.

angel

wow really no money.. he was just on the victory casino boat last month in fl.. i was there and he was deff spending alot of money!!

brent

he can sell his cars and house(s) and live like the rest of us to pay his support bills.