Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

cindy

I love GMA....if that idiot remains on the show I'm seriously going to stop watching. I can't stand her. Today she is acting like a bimbo for the benefit of George. God I can't stand her. How stupid are ABC execs. If your ratings have been better than NBC's morning show or CBS's evening news...why the hell would you bring her on. Jeeezzz

Julie2

Would everyone please get over it. It's not a slam to Robin and Robin will be back as usual after vacation. Katie was asked to guest host and was paid well for it. PERIOD. Happens all the time and life goes on. Katie's not may favorite either since becoming so liberally biased and outspoken on the Today show. I watched that show for years but was so glad she left. News should be unbiased and I'm sick of reporters thinking we care to hear their liberal out-of-touch-with-reality opinions. Just give me the news and let me form my own opinions! The real tragedy here is not that she filled in for someone vacationing and made some money for it, but that the networks continue to use air time to sell their political agendas. There are no innocent parties where that's concerned, and THAT is a tragedy!

Diane Burkholder

Katie is "no Robin Roberts". Robin is a class act. I turn Lara Spencer off because of the sleeze factor she brings.
Josh, Sam and Robin are invited into my home gladly. ABC has made a big mistake this week. Mistreat Robin and they loose me!

Sharon

I turned on GMA this morning, but was listening from another room. I thought I heard Katie's irritating voice, but I just had to see if it was true. Ugh! To my horror, there she was. I checked the station I was on thinking it was a mistake. But NO! There she was on GMA! I couldn't change the channel fast enough! I wouldn't be surprised to hear GMA ratings went down this week!!!

Travis

GMA has been the worst morning show on TV for a long time. Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me. Katie might be the best thing that has happened to that show. BTW Palin was the worst thing NBC could have done to the Today show. Idiots.

hotbitch

I was watching it today and couldn't believe the crap that was coming out of that heifer's mouth. She basically made the crew seem low brow for drinking f-ing REGULAR coffee in comparison to her latte. She made fun of Josh's play of the day and then later in the show remarked that something else should've been play of the day. He responded that it "could've been". Nice dig, Josh. haha He probably wanted to punch her in the throat. And then she interviewed Camille Grammar about her not returning to RHOBH. Camille said that she asked her daughter for her opinion in regards to doing the show. At the end of the interview, Katie slides in "I don't know that I'd be asking a 10 yr old for advice". B*t*h, WHAT?!?!?!? I'm over her and don't want to see her surged out face any more this week. Seeing that Lara Spencer was in the running to replace Mary Hart on ET, I think she could've easily filled in. Or JuJu or anyone else for that matter. But to do a whole PR campaign in an attempt to kiss Katie's behind was just ridiculous. I'm sure the rest of the cast hates her. I LOVE the staff of GMA and they have a great dynamic. I still miss Chris Cuomo, too! I cannot wait for Robin to come back! She's awesome!

Mamagemgirl

Katie Couric returned to am tv today. (No pun intended) Sorry but lost all respect for her when she shoved her microphone in the faces of parents that had just witnessed their teenagers die in a fiery plane crash off the east coast to ask them how they feel. Then had the nerve to to take a month off and tell people to leave her alone in her time of mourning when her husband died. Again, sorry, but you can't have it both ways....

Mamagemgirl

Harv

Cannot stand Couric. I stopped watching the NBC morning show because of her and happily found the Good Morning America show. Love Robin Roberts, and I hope she is okay. Was sorry when Cuomo left, but Roberts makes the show. If she is leaving and Couric is coming in, bye-bye. I guess I will try the CBS morning show next.

Tina Hausen

If they put Katie Couric on GMA over Robin, see ya GMA!!!

Phil F.

I think it's all good- Robin and Katie! I have issues with Nancy Grace! That woman should be forced to go to charm school and learn how to be a lady before being allowed on national television!!!

JEAN KIRKPATRICK

I cannot stand Katie Couric - will not watch the show this week. ROBIN IS THE BEST!!!!!

Tina Hausen

the only way Couric makes George look good is they are both short!

Me-ma

LOVE Katie !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE Katie ---- wish she were ALWAYS on Good Morning America!!!!!!

Virginia Casey

What a slap in the face of Robin, bringing in Katie Couric to fill in while she is on vacation. No use for Katie ever since she was so rude to Sarah Palin on her interview. She is not the cutie she thinks she is.