Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

minnietx

Katie is annoying! Are they trying to get rid of Robin, she is great. She does not give her opinon and stays neutral. Crazy Couric is a narcisist, and she needs to get rid of the tacky glasses, she has a small petite face and sticks those monster glasses on uggghhh!! She was making fun of GMA by her sarcastic remarks, she is such a smart A and think she is funny!! Pure arrogance!! Go away!! And lose the giggle!!!

Max

Robin Roberts is the reason I stopped watched GMA. She's not awful but she sure ain't great. Very patronizing. Katie will be massive improvement.

Shelly

I will be watching the Today show for the first time in years this week. I can't stomach Katie Couric. TIIC at ABC have about as much class as a junkyard dog and their latest attempt at ratings grabbing is going to fail just as pathetically as every their previous ultra-feeble attempts have done, as well. Who runs that network these days anyway? Beelzebub? A lot of killing, stealing & destroying going on around there these days...I'm just sayin'.

KenzieQ

Smart move by ABC.. on the other hand NBC's Today Show looks soooooo desperate having Sarah Palin co-host tomorrow. haha.

minnietx

Why didn't GMA get Regis to fill in, he is the perfect host!

what a beautiful day

Robin Roberts , you have NOTHING to WORRY ABOUT. YOU ARE MUCH PRETTIER AND SMARTER THAN Katie couric.

Enjoy your vacation, while we all WATCH the RATINGS GO DOWN DOWN DOWN While katie is on board for this week................

AntiPalinAlaska

That, and they're probably not thrilled that Couric said she would only do the show if the entire staff had forced colonscopies.

rsmik

So what exactly is the problem?

fast34me

Screw George. I haven't watched ABC since they screwed Christinanne Armapour(?) Robin's believeable, but they've got away from news and seems like everyone's drinking Mimosas... Not worthy of my time.

Litesout

ABC sure is pimping out/up Katie C.alot lately!! She plans on having her own talk show this fall.She isn't all that--and they're trying to get American people to like the has-been, fake smiling-plasic faced ,non-popular , bubbble lipped,dyed blondie.Don't shove her down our throats- gag! Besides I think she wants to take over GH's time slot for her afternnon talk show coming up--I bet her ratings will tank!!!!!

WatcherOne

I have seen both of Katie's faces and they are both distasteful.

bagladey

Katie's DWTS segment for GMA was really fun and one of the most entertaining features I've seen on TV in a long time.

pennrandall

Cannot believe Couric is on morning news again, but so glad she will be up against Sarah Palin on another network. Her 'GOTCHA' sneak attacks won't work this time and Sarah will wipe the board with her. Go Sarah! (Go Away Katie!)

Rob

I didn't watch GMA before, but I've been a life long watcher of The Today show. But, I only watched GMA with no sound, as I was at the gym, and she has an captivating smile to me. I watched and smiled at the monitor as I listened to music. I think the Today show hasn't been the same since Katie left. I don't care what goes on behind the scene. It's probably a cut throat business. I just like looking at Katie! SMILE!

Diane lee

I never liked katie couric or the today show, that's why I watch abc/gma. So really don't want to see her on gma just seems wrong. Also loved Josh until I read he had an affair with the awful Marisol, don't know if it's true but having a hard time getting it out of my head, now I think of him as a player.