Steve Wozniak

Ashton Kutcher Will Be GREAT

as Steve Jobs

4/3/2012 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_wozniak_jobs_ashton_EX_01
Steve Wozniak is officially endorsing Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs in an upcoming movie about the Apple co-founder ... telling TMZ, "I'm glad that he's onboard."

The flick -- which begins filming in May -- will reportedly chronicle Steve's journey from "wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple."

Now, Wozniak tells us, "The fear that many might have is that Ashton was selected because he's 'hot' right now. But I feel that his selection was done in the most professional manner. And I'm glad that he's onboard. I think he'll put a lot into it and that he cares about this particular subject."

Apple's employee #2 adds, "It's almost too bad that Steve Jobs is gone. His opinions and guidance, as to the story and film crew and cast would have been invaluable."

Check out Steve's entire statement after the jump ...

Steve Wozniak on Ashton Kutcher in Upcoming Steve Jobs Movie:

"There is probably little I can say, other than expressing my belief that this will be a great and popular film. I feel that Pirates of Silicon Valley was more interesting and grabbing and gets more play in schools of all levels than The Social Network. My hopes are that this film turns out as truthful and genuine as possible. I can't judge that aspect until the film is done and I see it.

As to the role of Steve Jobs I have little to say. Everyone has their own idea of who they think could play Steve the best. But when we started Apple at our young ages I decided not to put my nose and comments into every aspect of the company, like the color of boxes or the job responsibilities for a team. I would not step on the toes of people who had done these jobs for many years or decades. I would just do my engineering where I could not fail. So I look at the casting agencies and directors who are experts at casting. i trust that they considered all the relevant factors and made the best selection.

- Steve Wozniak

Jay W.

Of course Kutcher is on board. Another huge pay day !

Marilyn

Kutcher's way too vanilla stupid to do justice to Jobs who was so brilliant!

aston

If this is true, it will be interesting to see how Kutcher pulls this one off. His first really serious role?

Cheryl A.

Anyone notice the quote "it's almost too bad Steve Jobs is gone" Really, ALMOST? Plus, there would not BE a movie about Steve Jobs if he were still alive, I betcha.

alex

UHH, there is only one person who could pull off playing Steve Jobs and that would be Christian Bale. Anybody else would be a joke!

Slomoshun

Yea..nty.

elephantman

Well its better casting than Lohan playing Liz Taylor!

Manimal

Jesse Eisenberg might have been a good choice also.

Shix

Yuck...Already on my list of `Never to watch flicks`.

Antwone

Naturally they'll whitewash Jobs' entire history. There'll be no mention of what an ******* he was, just as there was no mention made of the Apple employees who celebrated when he died.

Manimal

Verne Troyer would have been a good pick...sure he's only 2'8" but he's a serious actor and with the right camera angles anything is possible.

Jerry

According to the Jobs biography Woz is employee #1 at Apple. Jobs wanted to be #1, but he settled for being employee #0 instead.

nof

nof p.s.

Once this role is a done-deal, Ashton will have people around him -

-to prevent dizzy Hollywood chix/wanna-be's.

-uzers -

-from getting 2 him.

-These chix are dangerous, I tell ye.

nof

Prediction:

Kutcher transitions to "serious_actor" - Academy Award-type roles once this movie is in the can/cut.

-Feeling something very big on all this.

Nof

stu

kathy bates should play Wozniak.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments