'Surreal Life' Star

Arrested for Rx Drug Scam

4/4/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Celebrity Justice

Maven Huffman -- a former WWE superstar
Former "Surreal Life" star Maven Huffman -- a former WWE superstar -- was arrested in Florida on Monday after cops say he was "doctor shopping" to get his fix of painkillers.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... cops uncovered Huffman had gone to 3 doctors in 2 weeks and scored multiple prescriptions for Oxycodone and Hydrocodone.

35-year-old Huffman allegedly went to multiple pharmacies to fill his prescriptions -- in what appears to be a ploy to conceal his activity. In total, cops believe Maven scored more than 1000 pills.

FYI -- in Florida, it's a crime to go from doctor to doctor to obtain multiple prescriptions for a controlled substance without telling the doctors about it.

Maven -- who was released on $2,000 bond -- faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted of doctor shopping.

ApoloKreedEatsFriedRiceOnAnyGivenSunday

real winner

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Drug Abuser.

Seldombinlaid

It's people like this that cause people with real pain to not be able to get pain management medicine.

OooooNooo!

OxyContin? How so 2009. Everyone has moved on to Opana, just ask Mike Starr. Oh, wait -- sorry, forgot her overdosed. Guess you'll have to take my word for it.

Joao

Ah Florida is a California style Celebrity Court inductee, where you get the verdict you pay for---unless you're a black kid walking in his own neighborhood WITH A HOODY, carrying some Skiddles and a nutcase ambushes you and starts FOLLOWING and harassing you and later shots you because the nutcase felt "threatened" [which explains why he FOLLOWED the individual and killed him --which in Floridaese--is "Standing Your Ground" IF the assailant is anything but black and the shooting victim is Black

bunny

Maven, Maven, Maven, what happened to you? You were a school teacher here and now you're addicted on pills like you're still wrestling? Sad.

The PMG

Guess he really isn't Tough Enough

Mumra the Ever Living

Vince and Linda McMahon became Billionaires on the broken bodies of these crippled drug addicted men. Think of the carnage they've left behind in their wake.

NuBiXx

That is BS, My own doctor that I've had for a long time won't subscribe pain meds to me, I have legitimate pain from an accident at work.

Every time that I bring up my back pain and ask is there something I can take to help with the pain she looks at me like I'm some type of drug addict.

This fool walks into different doctors offices and gets prescriptions wtf..

jackmama311

maybe he can get the same deal as rush limbaugh?

harv

He also sales NFL products on HSN- hope this doesnt cost him his only job.

karen dapello

Gee...I wonder if it will ever be illegal in the State of Florida for doctors to just prescribe whatever they want to a patient and then enable him to become an addict? Let's bust the doctors too, not just the patients. Time the medical community is held responsible instead of blaming the patient alone.

Clytemnestra

I don't get it: I've had to take Percocet several times a day for over a month, and the only thing it's done for me is dull the pain and make me incredibly constipated. No buzz, no high, nothing like that. Is it because I only take one at a time? Probably just as well it doesn't get me stoned. I feel sorry for these guys that get so hooked they will do what this man has done...didn't he realize this stuff is followed on computers? Maybe too stoned to care.

Lyssa

Maven, what are you thinking..Back when you were on tough enough your dream as to be in the wwe and you made your dream come true..
Now u are just another opiate junkie
Learn from this and get your head together.

Scott

This is sad, Maven is a friend of mine and I hate to see this, he is really a good person, but addiction is a horrible thing that takes grasp over people. Hope you can find some help man!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments