Tyler Perry Traffic Stop

The Eyewitness Blow-By-Blow

4/5/2012 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_a32y57xu_0_ckspe23e
Tyler Perry was confused, upset and a bit uncooperative when he was pulled over by two white cops in Atlanta this week ... this according to a person who saw the whole thing go down.

As we previously reported, Perry admits he made an illegal left turn as he left his studio ... but claims he was racially profiled by two "hostile" police officers ... who allegedly harassed the movie mogul during the traffic stop.

Malik Kadeem watched the entire incident unfold ... and called in to "TMZ Live" with the blow-by-blow ... saying Tyler upset one of the officers when he didn't immediately roll down his passenger window when asked to do so.

Kadeem also says the officers were "giving [Tyler] a hard time" during the stop ... until an African-American officer arrived to the scene, recognized Perry and defused the situation.

The ATL PD says it's still investigating the incident to see if the officers acted inappropriately.

Breaking News

Or, is it TMZ that is promoting stereotyping and profiling?

cynical me

Since I'm Native American, can I make an illegal left turn from the wrong lane? I mean if it's good enough for Tyler Perry it should be good enough for me.

I like this part "Tyler upset one of the officers when he didn't immediately roll down his passenger window when asked to do so."

So he decided he didn't need to roll his window down for the officers AFTER making the illegal turn?

I'm adding that to my next trip to town. I will make illegal turns this ignore the cops requests so they can do their jobs. THEN I'll have a NA officer (this is where my plan may go awry there are none here) say "It's ok, I know her" then they let me go on my merry way to make more terrible movies. (First I'll need to make a movie)

Jordan

Tyler Perry is not upset at racial profiling he is upset because the cops did not reconize him....

Enough

Tyler Perry isn't just a racist, he's a self-entitled racist.

haskel420

black people always use their own blackness against themselves.. "IF I WASNT BLACK I WOULDNT HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER" "IF I WASNT BLACK I WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SHOT" " IF I WASNT BLACK YOU WOULDNT HAVE ACCUSED ME OF DECAPITATING MY EX WIFE AND RON GOLDMAN"

Beky

I like Tyler Perry, I am so glad he was recognized so he could get the star treatment, not like you and who gets the Average Joe treatment

Kelly

Some people are obsessed with their own victimhood. They're not happy unless they are being victimized or are labeled as a victim. Both this incident and Perry's body of work clearly support that this pathology is true in his case.

Cathy

I'm white, and I love Tyler Perry movies, in fact I have all of them on DVD. His movies are not only funny, they are heartfelt....

GLaDOS

So sick of these idiots always screaming racism. Hey, dumb ass.. you broke the law and then didn't roll down your window immediately for the cops. You do that kind of crap and of course the cops are going to give you a hard time, no matter what race you are. Has nothing to do with the color of your skin.. it has everything to do with you being a moron.

en Todo Momento!!

believe me, cops are trained to be major ass choles, no matter what race or color, or how rich (or poor) you are. sure, there's a decent handful who have their 'social favorites' who the treat 'nice' and 'fairly', and who they send on their way with a 'take care of yourself', etc.... but to fall into that category, you AND!!!! that cop have got to be some SHADDDDDDYY ass mu'fukkas.

Gail

I agree. Tyler Perry is a Racist jerk... But I am so sick and tired of the black yelling this and that is racist.. Grow up get a life... No matter who he is or anyone for that matter when you break the law you need to pay the price. Did he think just because he is a star that, that gives him or any other star the excuse to break the law? I think not.. That's what is wrong with these stars they think what ever they want to do that it is ok to do so. And the courts up holds all of this. They should be hit with prison or whatever the penalty is for doing something wrong. Oh wait the blacks like to play that thump card... People are getting sick of that.. It has always be like that and it is getting worst.. He should have not made that turn and he should have rolled down his window when the officers ask him to. He chose not to and now he is yelling about his race. The hell you say. He is know better then anyone else. Famous or not. Not all people know every celebrity in the world. Next time Mr. Perry do what you are ask to do and then maybe just maybe there will not be a problem next time. Or do you understand that...

Selebraties Suck

Isn't it "diffused"?

Whatever

"Perry admits he made an illegal left turn as he left his studio"
...
"saying Tyler upset one of the officers when he didn't immediately roll down his passenger window when asked to do so. "
...
"recognized Perry and defused the situation. "

Basically he broke the law then was uncooperative with police. But was satisfied when his celeb status was recognized. Now, plays the race card??!!?

This was racial profiling??? Wow, I knew he was a talent-less hack but I didn't realize he was dumb.

Selebraties Suck

The mediabaggers have jumped the proverbial "racist" shark.

Tammy

It seems that money has given Mr. Perry delusions of grandeur. I would suggest boycotting his work and sending this racist back to the garbage dump where he belongs, but the ignorant people he writes/acts for will see racial profiling and continue to support him. Luckily for me, I got wise to him years ago and stopped wasting my hard eraned money on this classless p_r_i_c_k.