Melissa Etheridge's Ex-GF

I Can't Live on $23,000 a Month!

4/9/2012 2:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0409_melissa-etheridge-tammy-lynn-michaels-separation
Melissa Etheridge
's ex-GF Tammy Lynn Michaels claims she's barely scraping by on the $23,000 a month Melissa currently pays her in partner and child support -- and now, she wants a massive raise ... this according to new court docs obtained by TMZ.

Tammy just filed the papers in the couple's infamously bitter separation claiming Melissa makes roughly $177,882.00 PER MONTH ... and got Tammy accustomed to an extravagant lifestyle while they were together ... so the $23k is incredibly unfair.

Tammy -- a former actress -- also claims she has "virtually no savings" and would need "extensive retraining" if she were to rejoin the workforce.

Tammy claims Melissa is also brainwashing the kids -- training them to be emotionally distant and rude to Tammy ... and now they won't even give her a hug.

Tammy also accuses Melissa of cursing around the children -- including one instance ... when she told Tammy to "get the f**k off my back" in front of the kids. According to Tammy, Melissa also refuses to let the kids get vaccinated.

As for the reason behind the mudslinging -- Tammy and Melissa are headed into a settlement conference in May to determine support and custody issues ... so it's important for Tammy to demonstrate she's the better mom.

On top of increased support, Tammy also wants Melissa to pay her $120,000 legal bill. Calls to Melissa were not returned.

ChinLee3

I see a new album in Melissa's future...Yes, I am! But it really hasn't worked out for me too well!!!

Vanessa

ahahahahhahahahahahha just sad and funny at the same time awwwwww I'm so loving this 21st century so much drama hihihi!!

Sunny

What does the termination of a heterosexual 7 year marriage get one, re spousal support/alimony? This should be interesting...

Cheryl

normal people live on 3-4 thousand a month if they are lucky and this lady is saying she can't possibly live on 23k a month? really? you are telling us that 240,000 a year is impossible to live off of? If you feel you need more than that get a job because thats more than many meal celebs who are way more famous than Etheridge pay their baby mama's!

tyler

Whats the matter, That show "Popular" is not putting out any royalty checks?

Superman

HA HA! Two lesbos fighting over partner support, child support and custody. Who didn't see this coming?...oh yeah, the gays and their supporters.

Everyones~A~Star

Get a job.

Santo

It wasn't that long ago that I was happy to make $23 Grand in a year, and that was me busting my ass 80 hours a week. Most of these idiots think they deserve 5-figures for sitting around on their asses all day.

3Storms

Wow. Even lesbians are getting screwed over by shallow gold-didding whores.

idk22

fine, if she can't make 23k a month work, give it to me....i definitely can!!!

Loreleilu

I think I can speak for most of America.... WoW, if ONLY WE got to live on $23,000 per month.... I think most people don't even clear 10% of that... I mean what is that.... $250K a year? I mean really, how can we feel terrible for this woman when the rest of us are losing our homes and jobs and our beloved pets we can no longer afford. I don't think I will ever seem to understand why Hollywood folk believe we feel sorry for their lack of funds.....

MsSuburbia

Amazing. If Melissa was male, these comments would SLAM her and call her a deadbeat for ONLY paying 13% of her monthly income toward the care and support of her children. And if Tammy Lynn was male, TMZ commentators would be calling her a pu**y and "not a real man." But since they're a lesbian couple, they're also getting slammed for "getting what they asked for," with respect to marriage-family. Nice to see a bunch of tolerant, rational, equality-loving humanitarians here.

Tony

what an A**hole, can not live an more than 20 thousand a month... greedy stupid bitch

dope-digity

GREEDY WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steinberg

And gay/lesbians wanted to legalize gay/lesbian marriages. SMH. Good job gays and lesbians. You should have just stayed away.