Melissa Etheridge's Ex-GF

I Can't Live on $23,000 a Month!

4/9/2012 2:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0409_melissa-etheridge-tammy-lynn-michaels-separation
Melissa Etheridge
's ex-GF Tammy Lynn Michaels claims she's barely scraping by on the $23,000 a month Melissa currently pays her in partner and child support -- and now, she wants a massive raise ... this according to new court docs obtained by TMZ.

Tammy just filed the papers in the couple's infamously bitter separation claiming Melissa makes roughly $177,882.00 PER MONTH ... and got Tammy accustomed to an extravagant lifestyle while they were together ... so the $23k is incredibly unfair.

Tammy -- a former actress -- also claims she has "virtually no savings" and would need "extensive retraining" if she were to rejoin the workforce.

Tammy claims Melissa is also brainwashing the kids -- training them to be emotionally distant and rude to Tammy ... and now they won't even give her a hug.

Tammy also accuses Melissa of cursing around the children -- including one instance ... when she told Tammy to "get the f**k off my back" in front of the kids. According to Tammy, Melissa also refuses to let the kids get vaccinated.

As for the reason behind the mudslinging -- Tammy and Melissa are headed into a settlement conference in May to determine support and custody issues ... so it's important for Tammy to demonstrate she's the better mom.

On top of increased support, Tammy also wants Melissa to pay her $120,000 legal bill. Calls to Melissa were not returned.

Metta Worldhate

Wow, she's an evil money grubbing ho, but at least she's smoking hot.

And what do you think of marriage now, gay people? Careful what you wish for. Haha. I don't mean to be anti-gay, just anti-marriage.

really

hey melissa, is that your picture on the $100 bill or am i seening things?

Gerri

Send this chick a box of tissues.

just because

i thought hockey haircuts were a 90's thing?

Robert

Why are women such gold diggers? Russell Brand could've gotten millions when he divorced Katy Perry but said no, she can keep the house, the money, I don't need it. That's how it should be. Why do these people think they deserve everything for doing absolutely nothing?

spyseagullrobot

it appears like Melissa is being a real **** about the whole thing. she needs to man up and do the right thing. this lady carried your child show some respect and responsibility and maturity.

nztyraider

Golding digging women don't just stop at men.

billy cema

Translation: I found a goldmine. I'm too lazy to dig for another. I want to live like a rich woman without really earning it.

shop247

I'm supposed to feel bad? There are people that live off of less than that a year...boo hoo

BEE

I'm on unemployment soooo you really don't want me to leave a comment

Meanie

Hey, I could live on 23 k a month. :)

Jackie

If I can live off of $3,000 a month, why can't this unknown bitch live off of $23,000 a month?? I never understand celebs ex's, they think because they USED TO live with someone who made lots of money, that now they can no longer go back. Millions in the world are living off of that amount of money per year, she needs to suck it up and live off of that per month. If I were Melissa I wouldn't give her $12,000 a month.

ckremer

if you cant live on 23,000 dollars a month you got a real big problem, come back to earth and live like the rest of us,

IceGypsy

you have got to be kidding me. Lady if you can't get by on 23k/m you have bigger worries than not having enough money!

YouDontSay

I was in Tammys corner for standing by Melissa and then getting dumped but she needs to move on.