Joe Eszterhas

Mel Said John Lennon

Deserved To Be Shot

4/12/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411_mel_gibson_3

Mel Gibson celebrates John Lennon's death, claiming he deserved to die ... this according to the screenwriter of the failed "Maccabee" project, Joe Eszterhas.

In a scathing 9-page letter, obtained by The Wrap, Eszterhas claims Mel once ranted about the departed Beatle, "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot. He was f**king messianic. Listen to his songs! Imagine. I hate that f**king song. I'm glad he's dead."

According to Eszterhas, Mel saved his true fury for Oksana Grigorieva, saying, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."

And on the business side, Eszterhas claims Mel said this of Ari Emanuel, the head of the William Morris Endeavor Agency: "He's a c*nt Jewboy."

Mel has fired back at Joe, claiming the letter is a pack of lies.

0412_remembering_john_lennon_footer

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Why are you guys printing the allegations being made by this guy Joe without also including a simple fact - Mel Gibson had a negative opinion about Joe's first draft of a script.

It is obvious the man has a motive to lie. Now TMZ just wants to run with the allegations without giving context to the real story.

Very misleading TMZ. Stay classy.

kkg

Read the letter. Too bad we can't read the script. But it looks like he must have channelled more enthusiasm and creativity into the *f* off and die letter than the work for which he was contracted. Probably a good thing. Can't imagine the writer of "Showgirls" and "Basic Instinct" would be capable at this late date of penning anything other than turgid schlock. And the letter proves it.

Kathleen

2idiots

It really wouldnt surprise me in the least if Mel did say he wanted OG dead. I hope an investigation is launched. OG has refused to speak publicly on the issue and if Joe heard this from MEL that means HE (Mel) has been talking which goes against their signed agreement.
No wonder MR MEL is "SELLING" the "ESTATE" in "COSTA" "RICA".

Anon

Everyone should read the letter, then form an opinion. Eszterhas lists the witnesses that were there for every incident.

2idiots

There's more to Mel's "SHELVING" the movie then what we see. If "MR MEL" is so "POWERFUL" he can find another "WRITER" to "WORK WITH" (didnt "MEL" say this has been in "DEVELOPMENT" for 8 or 10 years?).
I'm guessing he cant get "FINANCING" or it's been "PULLED".
this runs "WAY DEEPER" then what we see.

I am Spartacus

Mel Gibson bashing again? Aren't we over this? The guy is a jerk we all know that so why do we need to go over this whole thing again? Get some new material.

Jim

who knows what is true or not. this just sounds way out there for anyone to say. i don't believe it.

Selebraties Suck

I think Imagine is the most hypocritical song ever written. Imagine there's no money - while John is living in the exclusive Dakota and has more money than the rest of us put together.

angles

Wow what a sad thing to say about John ,is Mel on drugs he sounds angry at the world. He must be drinking such a shame that he has turned a bad as.

snoopy2

No mater what he tries to accomplish, everything he's ever said, written or done will be rehashed over and over again until the day he dies. It's like ripping a scab open over and over again. He's always been a private person and sheltered his family from the media's lens for years. Mel dumps this guy, and this guy will do anything, say anything to protect his reputation as a writer. Same with Oksana when Mel dumped her, "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

billybob

That's Mel all over, He's a loon, He hates Jews and therefore was glad John Lennon got shot. Actually, Mel wants all Jews get shot somehow or put into camps where they can concentrate. I hope this freak will hang himself someday...

SusanCoyote

They are both PIGS! And John Lennon was no prize either!

Grapost

The statements all sound true based on other statements of Mel's in the public record. One Sick Dude!

Pimpcessa

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I may not approve of everything Mel has said or done, but I do believe we, as Americans , are entitled to our opinion and philosophies. And, Mel is just too easy a mark, these days, thanks to Oxy. And, if I remember correctly, this isn't the first time the discussion veered to Mel not believing the holocaust happened, but I thought it was his father who was the one that believed that, not Mel.

Either way, I wish they would lay off Mel. The man's been persecuted ever since that DUI. And, no I don't with Mels views of Jews, if we are to believe what we're told. But I also believe his rights as a citizen were violated by the cop that sold the story to the tabs about his rant. It seems that minorities (whether religion or race) don't have to follow the law, and the white folks better just suck it up and deal!

beafrank

Hollywood is famous for its cutthroat business model. Esterhas gave us 'Showgirls'. Gibson gave us 'Lethal Weapon' and 'Braveheart'. Who has more credibility? Hmmm.