'Caine's Arcade' Kid

The 4-Figure Pinball Surprise

4/12/2012 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Caine Monroy and his cardboard arcade
The cardboard-cutting days are over for that kid from the viral 'Caine's Arcade' video -- because TMZ has learned, he's finally getting a real-life arcade game ... worth upwards of $4,000.

In case you haven't seen the video (below) -- a 9-year-old kid named Caine Monroy built an entire arcade at his dad's L.A. auto shop last summer ... using nothing but cardboard left over from his dad's stockroom.

0412_caines_arcade_video
Nearly a million people have seen the video in the last two days -- including the owner of an L.A. pinball shop ... who then invited Caine to come check out her store ... and even meet a bunch of pro pinballers, including world champ Keith Elwin.

Sources tell TMZ, Caine showed up to the store last night -- a place called Pins and Needles, where he played on a real-life pinball machine for the first time in his life.

But the fun didn't end there -- we're told Caine made such a strong impression on the store's owner (above) ... she offered him one of several pinball machines ... ON THE HOUSE.

0411_pinball_machines_sub
The vintage machines range in value -- starting around a couple hundred bucks -- but the mack daddy is the rare "Big Brave" machine (above left) ... worth an estimated $3,000.

Caine has yet to decide which non-cardboard machine to take home.

just because

hey the 10 year old kid has a staff shirt on.. I'm calling Child Protective Services as I type this.

just because

they asked me what state is he in? i don't know

Seriously wtf

That's awesome! Love to Caine from Egypt!

Googie

Next time I'm in that area, I'm going to check out Caine's Arcade. I loved this story.

Brenda

What a brilliant young man!! I wonder if he has any idea how many skills he has learnt by building this arcade!! What a wonderful story.

Sandy

Now this is news worthy, TMZ!

Fantastic, Caine, you're awesome and I wish you many success with your arcade. I have a feeling when you grow up you are going to own a real arcade filled with fun games for the whole family and it's gonna be better then Chuck'e Cheese.

two cents

Nice story!! Cardboard boxes made the best toys when I was growing up, too. Back when kids used their imagination to entertain themselves. We lost something as a society with all this new technology. Nice kid, and a memory he'll never forget. =)

Tanya

I loved this story. I cried the whole time reading it. Much blessings to the young man that stopped and played, then went out of his way to make a young mans dream come true!

wisey

Very cool

Rhubino

Dang it, I'm at work here. Sniff. (darn allergies)

Glenda

Great story TMZ thanks.

nuffsaid

Can someone spare a kleenex?

Bobo Frog

Really cool story. So awesome.

Superman

Yeah, nothing says 'cute' like swindling people out of their money using a child's innocence.

niles

Cool dad, to allow his son to play - so important for child development. Not so sure having a real pinball machine at home is such a great idea, though. He seems pretty content and happy just the way he is.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments