Joe Eszterhas

My Son Taped A Lot

Of Mel's Hateful Rants

4/12/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0412_joe_eszterhas_gettyJoe Eszterhas tells TMZ ... he has hard proof that he witnessed the hate-filled rants he -- or someone -- just disclosed to the world, because his teenage son secretly recorded much of it.

Joe tells us, "A lot of the stuff is on tape." He says the recordings were made in Costa Rica -- by his son Nick. Joe would not say if the alleged comment about John Lennon -- "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot," or the comment about Oksana Grigorieva, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it," or the comment about William Morris/Endeavor Chairman Ari Emanuel, "He's a C**t Jewboy," were all on tape.

In his letter to Mel, Joe wrote that his son recorded some of Mel's outbursts on his iPhone, but the letter did not disclose how much -- now Joe says, "a lot."

Joe also says people who allegedly witnessed Mel's rants are willing to come forward.

As for "The Maccabees" script that Warner Bros. rejected, Joe said, "I'm heartbroken. I put my heart and soul into a script for someone who hates Jews."

Joe said, "He needs help. Badly."

Tellthetruth59

@Sincerity - I agree with you. This is another extortion plot, IMO. I hope Eszterhas sells the tapes. I need a laugh.

mousetrap

This guy is kind of hot in a Moses/Grisly Adams/old hippie way. I'll give him a pass for that.

Tigers Wood

Ok people, lets focus on the subject JEWS

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Secretly recording someone without their consent is a FELONY. Period.

Jeff

Well he must have known that Mel was a Jew hater from all of his previous comments, yet he still brings Mel the script. Then he acts all hurt over it. STFU, phony.

But I look forward to hearing these tapes (if we do) and hopefully demented Mel will be treated as a pariah.

lalet

Mel doesnt hate jews....he hates dumb script writers.

Mumra the Ever Living

The only help that would really work for Mel is surgical castration and large amounts of animal tranquilizers.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

California's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. California makes it a crime to record or eavesdrop on any confidential communication, including a private conversation or telephone call, without the consent of all parties to the conversation. See Cal. Penal Code § 632. The statute applies to "confidential communications" -- i.e., conversations in which one of the parties has an objectively reasonable expectation that no one is listening in or overhearing the conversation. See Flanagan v. Flanagan, 41 P.3d 575, 576-77, 578-82 (Cal. 2002). A California appellate court has ruled that this statute applies to the use of hidden video cameras to record conversations as well. See California v. Gibbons, 215 Cal. App. 3d 1204 (Cal Ct. App. 1989).

If you are recording someone without their knowledge in a public or semi-public place like a street or restaurant, the person whom you're recording may or may not have "an objectively reasonable expectation that no one is listening in or overhearing the conversation," and the reasonableness of the expectation would depend on the particular factual cir***stances. Therefore, you cannot necessarily assume that you are in the clear simply because you are in a public place.

If you are operating in California, you should always get the consent of all parties before recording any conversation that common sense tells you might be "private" or "confidential." In addition to subjecting you to criminal prosecution, violating the California wiretapping law can expose you to a civil lawsuit for damages by an injured party. See Cal. Penal Code § 637.2.

Grace

I think this man looks very angry.

Bloomcounty.USA

Sheesh are those of you posting all these comments about the laws in California or the US incapable of comprehending that the 15 year old is the one that did the recording and that it was in COSTA RICA? That's a different country for those of you that are geographically challenged, it's in Central America. LOL.

TMZgossip

the twits think Costa Rica is a new suburb next to MEL-abu

2idiots

TMZgossip: 3 minutes ago
when did costa rica move to california?
-----------
They dont realize Mel has taken his HATRED to a GLOBAL LEVEL!

Tigers Wood

I think Joe is right about Mel, I saw what Mel was like in Lethal Weapon and in the Mad Max movies.

snoopy2

That didn't stop him from coming back for more...was he working with Oksana?

Will E

I thought it was a felony to tape someone without their permission in California. Someone should go to jail/....