Morgan Freeman

I'm NOT Getting Married

to My Step-Granddaughter

4/12/2012 2:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Morgan Freeman and EDena Hines
Morgan Freeman is adamant ... he has NEVER had a romantic relationship with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines ... and slams all of the reports to the contrary as "defamatory fabrications."

Morgan just released a statement responding to recent reports that he and Hines have been dating for roughly 10 years and were planning to get married in the very near future.

Freeman's rep tells us the actor remained silent for years because he didn't want to "dignify these stories by commenting" ... but now he feels compelled to speak out after the reports were picked up by various "mainstream media" outlets.

In his statement, Freeman says, "The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers. What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well."

E'Dena has also issued a statement ... saying, "These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family."

For the record, E’Dena is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. She and Morgan are not related by blood.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

No whit on that "legitimate press" statement, I cringe whenever my local news "reports" a story they got from TMZ.

D-INCARNATION

He's hitting that,stop lying,Black Woody Allen...

Grace

Gross.

TheBrain

The reason he is just denying this now after almost 10 years of rumors is because he has recently dumped her for another woman. Can you imagine being dumped by your grandfather? That has got to hurt. I hope she got a ****load of hush money.

CriticXtreme

Whether this is true or not, every time I see this picture, I hear Austin Powers saying "Yeah, baby...."

Jessica

He just came out against this accusation....it's been around for awhile now. I had so much respect for him until I heard about this. I think he's a PEDOPHILE now!! Disgusting pervert!!

Bud

Sure.

CC

Tmz should do a who do you believe poll.

CC

TMZ should do a who do you believe poll.

RaMax

Morgan was just on the radio with Joe Soucheray (Garage Logic)out of the Twin Cities, and he said something to the effect, So what? People in Hollywood do that kind of stuff all the time.

buzz kill

No he is not going to marry her, they are just going to shack up together.

CountryGal

****ing Gross! What a freak show Hollyweird is!

OBAMA CLAUS

EW..men are such PIGS ! I seriously don't know why we put up with them at all !

Throwback kid

When he was in the car accident that damaged his hand was he already cheating on his wife or was that a female friend that was with him?

THE BEAVER