'Blair Witch' Producer

Files for Bankruptcy --

I Have $900 To My Name

4/13/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0412_blair_witch_logo
The executive producer of "The Blair Witch Project" has filed for bankruptcy -- claiming he has a mere $900 to his name ... and he's drowning in $132,000 of debt.

Kevin J. Foxe filed the Chapter 7 papers this month in bankruptcy court in California -- claiming he owes a laundry list of creditors a grand total of $132,724 ... the largest chunk of which is in unpaid taxes due to the IRS ($60,214)

As for his assets -- Kevin says he has $100 in cash on hand, $500 worth of household furnishings, $100 worth of personal clothing, and $200 in sporting equipment (bicycles, soccer balls, etc.) ... $900 total.

It's pretty shocking -- considering "Blair Witch" is one of the most profitable movies EVER based on return on investment. The movie's principal photography cost a mere $25,000 ... and it went on to make $248 MILLION worldwide.

Foxe has produced over ten projects since the 1999 hit. It's unclear what went wrong.

Foxe had no official comment.

My Big Salami

$900 dollars can get you alot of fine azz Latina hookers in Tijuana so he best shut the F up!.....He's still ok

The Atlanta Church Of Satan

This is what happens to people who don't share enough of their money with Satan. Hail Satan!

Sincerity

Contrary to what people believe, what a film grosses at the box office doesn't all go to the producer. From what I understand, the studio receives only 55% of what's generated at the box office while the other 45% goes to the movie theater. If all goes well, once you subtract production and marketing related expenses, you may have a "profit". Too many poorly grossing films will devastate anyone's cash flow. Making motion pictures is a very expensive undertaking that's not guaranteed to yield a profitable return. If this guy "HASN'T" had a "hit" since the Blair Witch Project, no wonder he's "BROKE"!!!

MC

The Blair Witch stole all his money...that's what he gets for selling his soul to her to get a hit movie. That being said...I wouldn't pay 9 cents to see that piece of crap movie again.

PopTart

So sad to hear that :-(
This movie is what inspired me to apply & attend The School of Cinematic Arts at USC.
Hope things turn up for him.

SarahBeebee

He claims he only has $100 worth of clothes?? What the?? That is like 1 shirt, 1 pants and 1 pair of shoes. I am sure he actually owns more more than 1 shirt, 1 pants and 1 shoes! I smell a Liar! If he doesn't own more than 1 shirt in his wardrobe. I'd be very concerned because he probably spent all his money on drugs instead of taking care of himself

CountryGal

Good, and give me my $$ back for wasting 2 hrs of my life watching that stupid ass FAKE movie.

Truth

OBVIOUSLY HE HAD A SH*TLESS BUSINESS MARKETING AND LEGAL TEAM. PEOPLE DINGING HIM LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE YET HE WAS GETTING NOTHING. HE FORGOT TO DING POINTS FROM THE STUDIO AND DISTRIBUTORS AND MAINTAIN RIGHTS TO EVERYTHING HE PRODUCED (LIKE GEORGE LUCAS AND STAR WARS ACCESSORIES, ENDROSEMENTS) WHICH IS WHERE THE REAL MONEY IS AT. DUDE SHOULD BE WORTH AT LEAST $60...-70 MIL FROM BLAIR WITCH ALONE. #TRUTH!!

BB not bb

I wonder if this guy ever had an accountant and what the accountant has to say about it. How can you be worth millions and not have someone professional helping you manage your money? Maybe the guy just lost his mind. How are his soccer balls part of his assetts of $200 in sporting goods? Do people buy used soccer balls for much?

The fear element in that movie is as nonexistent as the money from it. He made a scary movie that wasn't scary and made millions that now don't exist and can't be found. Maybe this guy is the real shadow.

The Dave

And $13 of it is mine which I want back after watching this atrocious movie.

Kabala

It went up his nose.

Gretel

Well, when I make my millions the first thing I am going to do is buy a fleet of Bentleys, each a different color for each day of the week. Then I am going to buy a gazillion dollar home in Malibu AND a kickass mansion somewhere else in LaLa land. Then I'm going to back every project that comes across my desk because I'm rich, you know! Nah.. I am going to enjoy it and I am going to save it ... and I am going to use a lot of it for food banks and groups that buy coats for children, and things like that. I can always go back to my little house in the city, clipping coupons and making my grocery list by what's on sale, and driving my car that was already two years old when I bought it .. you know, things the (shudder) common people do. At least I'm happy. I think that's more than I can say for him and all of his fancy possessions.

Lori

I think there's been a typo error. It's Kevin J. Foxe.

Mr pro Dj

He did not make a nickle on it, artisian which soon became lions gate bought the blair witch for a cool million flat,

lesson one in the movie biz, do not do buyouts,

lesson two in the movie biz, do not do buyouts,

btw the producers that bought out the blair witch project are worth a few hundred million, that much is true, :)

anony

The BWP was always over-hyped nonsense, that's what the problem was.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments