Joe Eszterhas

Mel Gibson Made My Son

Fear for His Life

4/13/2012 5:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0413_ eszterhas_videoJoe Eszterhas says Mel Gibson's behavior in Costa Rica was so threatening ... Eszterhas' son slept with a butcher knife under his bed because he was so afraid of what Mel might do.

Eszterhas, speaking with the "Today" show this morning, told Ann Curry that Mel said the "vilest and most threatening things" he's ever heard while Eszterhas and his family stayed with Mel in Costa Rica to work on a movie script, "The Maccabees."

Eszterhas went on to say that the staff at the house became so afraid of Mel ... they told their kids to go hide.

A portion of Mel's rants are on tape, as TMZ first reported, but Eszterhas is unsure if he will release them.

For his part, Gibson has denied most of the allegations, saying in a statement, "The great majority of the facts as well as the statements and actions attributed to me in [Eszterhas'] letter are utter fabrications."

Cujeaux

This isn't looking good flock. The Today Show within 48 hrs. I know now why you want the tape released. You can't get away with claiming OG gave it to him and pick it apart as edited until it can be heard. I've got news for you, Ez is going to torture GIbby for another week, then it will be released. Expect his son and wife to speak out about it as well.

It took Gibz longer than usual to flood the board with attacks on Ez. He must have thought if he ignored it, it would go away. You know why it's got legs? Because a M-A-N is speaking out this time. I admire anyone who stands up to a bully and defends a woman's reputation WHO THEY KNOW got the shaft, was beaten down and called a child abuser. Now it's becoming clear who the violent one is. The death threats OG brought up ARE NOW BEING CONFIRMED. Joe stated he brought that part up to make her aware of the potential danger. I commend him for that.

I feel sorry for you flock because you are so gullible, shallow and pig headed - just like your leader. Your the type of women who would continue to pursue Gibz even after he was in jail for killing someone. I'm hearing others who are just as stupid as flock questioning why he didn't pack his suitcase and leave - like there are flights out of he jungle ar 3 am. Or why didn't he quit? When anyone with 2 brain cells knows that would mean breach of contract. Like you, they don't think things through before they make a judgement call - which is usually based on the person's looks.

I noticed that none of you have taken 2I's challenge o tell us exactly what Ez is lying about. You can't do it b/c you really don't know. It doesn't stop you from calling him a liar though. Although most of you like to think you are legal wizards, none of you possess the critical thinking skills it takes to pass the muster in the legal profession. Yet you go on and on about OGs lawyers, who IMO were bought and sold by MG. You should be praising them for handing over the outcome you wanted. Admit it - even you were shocked and knew it was too good to be true.

TMZgossip

get the gerbil
Opening Weekend
$411,844 (Russia) (26 March 2012)
$46,684 (Ukraine) (26 March 2012)

haahahha

shirleyholmes

Part from JE letter (see http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/joe-eszterhas-letter-mel-gibson-36949:

“You and my son nick and some others went surfing. (Naomi and I reluctantly allowed Nick to go with you. On the way to the sea, walking along in the sand, you turned to Nick and said I want to **** her (Oksana) in the ass and stab her to death while I’m doing it"

I assume the name Oksana was entered by JE to clarify?
I doubt this will be on any alledged tape because they were about to surf. Or is it normal procedure to take your iphone or ipod with you into the sea in case of a possibe shark attack?)
lol

2idiots

Tellthetruth59: 19 minutes ago
Someone should ask the Gibson kids if they all slept with knives under the pillows. I doubt it.
-----
Why would you want Gibby's kids consulted? They didnt step up to defend their father when he was accused of beating up OG. NOW you think they'll step-up?
Mel's true colors are shining thru....

fuddyduddy

Cuj -- there is no challenge from 2Idiots because the burden of proof is on JE. That's something that you and your commrade do not understand. Now, if 2Idiots wants to try and prove everything JE is claiming to be true, then go have at it. At this point, all you have is hearsay. With OG, there were contracts and motions and hearings and investigations and copies of do***ents. Here, we have nothing but a 9-page letter by a man who has the DNA of his mentally ill mother in his genes, and response letter claiming JE is lying. If this case has teeth, then let it proceed in court. Hearsay is worthless and that's all this is about.

fuddyduddy

2Idiots -- oh please -- Mel's kids didn't defend him against OG because they didn't see anything. Nothing to defend. BUT -- Mrs. Gibson did defend her husband, which apparently was well-received by the judge.

2idiots

shirleyholmes: 4 minutes ago

I assume the name Oksana was entered by JE to clarify?
lol
-------------
FREEEEEE-DUMB

TMZgossip

"has the DNA of his mentally ill mother in his genes"
typical house fraus!!!!!!

shirleyholmes

By 2 idiots

---

How would you know that for a fact, unless Fuddyduddy is right and you are OG??????

fuddyduddy

***Get over yourself TMZgossip -- here is the reference regarding JE's mentally ill mother.***

Eszterhas was born in Csákánydoroszló, a small village in Hungary, the son of Mária (née Bíró) and István Eszterhas.[1][2] His father was a Roman Catholic newspaper editor and author. He was raised as a young child in a refugee camp in
Austria. Eventually his parents moved to New York City, and then to poor immigrant neighborhoods in Cleveland, where he spent most of his childhood. His mother had a mental illness which estranged her from the family while he was entering adolescence.[

Dr Hardwicke

Is it just me or dos this accuser just L@@K like a down and out liar, he does to me.
He needs a bath and a haircut and to leave other people alone. Tell him they are hirin at the Burger King in Westwood.

Christy

Personally, I don't believe this nut. Produce the tape or go the hell away. And by the way....wash your hair and brush your teeth Joe. You know this guy wreaks in cigarette smoke the way he gasps for air.

fuddyduddy

2Idiots -- I would also imagine that Mel did not have his kids involved in the court hearings because he did not want to involve them. That's what a GOOD father would do, unlike OG who was dragging her son, Sasha, into the mess.

2idiots

fuddyduddy: about a minute ago
---
but now you say "someone should check w/ his kids about sleeping w/ knives"....blah blah....JUST MORE FLUFF from the flock.

2idiots

Sam's up to her old tricks creating new monikers....last night was BigBoyPants and today is Dr Hardwick........AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH,
---
@ Christy.....did you see how yellow Mel's teeth were in the pic posted him yesterday? He too smokes, I'm sure he stinks like an ashtray.