Flo Rida

Ordered to Pay $80k

for Blowing Off Australia Concert

4/16/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Flo Rida
Flo Rida has been ordered to cough up $80,000 to a concert promoter in Australia for mysteriously bailing on a 2011 show at the last minute.

Flo came under some serious fire when he failed to appear at the Fat as Butter music festival in Newscastle back in October. The event promoter claims he forked over more than $50k up front to guarantee Flo would appear ... but the rapper allegedly had a "hissy fit" moments before the show and refused to go on stage.

After the event, Flo went on Twitter and explained, "I was looking forward to performing for you but due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn't able to do so last night."

The promoter took his case to an Australian court -- which ruled in his favor ... and ordered Flo to shell out $80k in performance fees and damages.

Calls to Flo have not been returned.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Is this how one hit wonders behave. Speaking of which, can you explain to us how Sean Kingston continues to live the high life off of his one hit? I don't even see him performing like Flo Rida does.

justsaying

There are no more men being born in this day and age. Just a bunch of metro-sexual guys who can out-pout a kid.

Tim

I'm guessing Mr. Flo doesn't have a "Good Feeling" about this.

EMP BITE ME

This will go bankrupt soon,he looks like the dumbest rapper out there,running around in a 2 million bugatti,and spending cash like crazy,he dosent even have any hit ablums,only singles.

EMP BITE ME

Looks like code word for ,she let me put it in the pooper,and now i gotta repay her,or she knows im not stright as i seem and i need to keep it under wraps,no tell all books from you ladies,sign here,here is your cash.

NobodySpecial

Flo is a girls name. Just sayin.....

Rhubino

I looked the story up for the heck of it. He cancelled 2 hours before showtime because he wasn't happy with his hotel room, (which I guess he blamed on the 10,000 people waiting to see him). Luckily he was just the headliner at an all day concert event, so there were plenty of other acts, and the people didn't get all that upset with his no-show. They showed class and respect for the event. He didn't.

LittleBIt

Where do these black guys get these stupid a** names they make up for themselves??? They are just so dumb and ridiculous it makes them look like fools.

Anonymous

I would have had security threaten to break his legs...then do it if he didn't get his a$$ on stage.

Mumra the Ever Living

There's as much chance of him paying that as there was of him showing up in the first place. It's becoming clear that if you want s*** like this to actually perform, don't give them any money up front.

who cares

Who???? Never heard of him....

Joao

He can't pay, he's dirt poor... they get whatever money they get and it's gone that same day. You see he thought the courts in Australia were like the fvcked up courts in California [Nevada, Florida, Georgia, Colorado, Arizona, New York Texas and Indiana] and would find some type of technicality and let him screw that guys over and walk. It's not his fault.

There's a problem here

Seriously? There were people who paid money to see someone called Flo Rida on stage? Seriously? F'vck,I would have named myself Mama Raleigh if I would have known that it had nothing to do with talent because I have none

Brett Ellis

at least get the town right. it's NEWCASTLE not newscastle

Sarah

We love Flo he can come back to Australia anytime!!!!