'Goodfellas' Actor Sues L.A.

Stop Squandering Our Taxes!!!

4/16/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Vincent Gallo
"Goodfellas" actor Vincent Gallo -- also known for his infamous oral sex scene with Chloe Sevigny in "The Brown Bunny" -- is tired of paying for useless government programs ... and now, he's actually suing the City of L.A. to put a stop to wasteful spending.

Gallo filed the lawsuit against L.A. -- taking issue with a City organization called the Arts District Business Improvement District, which purportedly uses taxpayer dollars to provide trash clean-up, security, and beautification of the Arts District in Downtown L.A..

Problem is ... the ADBID is a massive failure, providing "no benefit" -- at least according to Gallo -- and he's sick of footing the bill.

Worse, Gallo says the government program is run by a private company that is doing everything in its power to keep it running ... because it's profiting off ignorant taxpayers -- $860,000 in the last year, to be exact.

Now, Gallo is suing to shut down the program -- demanding ADBID return all the money it's raked in since its inception ... a total of $1.3 million. A judge has yet to rule in the case.

Carol

Good for him. I wish all the tax payers could ban together and sue the government.

Brian Miller

GoodFellas? Drop the 'GOODFELLAS', and put the quotes over "ACTOR".

nuri

buffalo '66 is my favorite movie. also my best friend derin left his toiletry bag at my house yesterday and stole my outliers book and my spare keys

Cramps

a vincent gallo wasn't in goodfellas

NotForMe

Oh my! Someone in leftwing LaLa land actually wants to eliminate wasteful government spending and advocates a smaller, more efficient government.

Who knew?

XTIAN SWINGER

Why, the tax dollars he might have saved could have gone toward shipping another Veleno guitar for his collection!

I'm going to sue him for my wasted time watching his band RRIICCEE.

Big D

So he was in a non-speaking un-accredited role in the GoodFellas.

O_o

saw the creepy pic...got as far as "the oral sex scene with..." and vomited things that i'm pretty sure i ate as a toddler. needless to say, i couldn't continue reading - so i'll just have to stay in the dark on this one.

FFG

Vincent Gallo wasn't in Goodfellas.

GregM

All you idiots lauding Gallo should look up what a BID is and how it works. The businesses themselves pay for most of the services through an additional tax they agree to pay.

AD Property Owner

Fantasic and big kudos to Vincent! Those of us wasting our time undoing all the ridiculous actions taken by the BID are very grateful for his efforts!

JOHN CANNON

When was he in GOODFELLAS? There was a Frank Vincent in GOODFELLAS.

cobrazombie

You mean mostly known for having his **** sucked by Chloe Sevigny.

vera

This has to do with his real estate investments.

He's a big property investor in LA. He invested in the Biscuit Lofts (which are in the downtown arts district), one of the units he was trying to sell in early 2011 (it was listed then, and was relisted recently) and hasn't sold. The unit he was trying to get rid of is a huge penthouse.

He's probably sick of getting nickle and dimed on a mediocre investment that was supposed to gain value with the "improvements" from this BID. If the area is still a dump and the investment is tanking, he could win or they'll settle.

Owner in AD

ADBID does good work they keep it clean and safe here. They are doing what a BID should do. I pay about $34/mo ( or a little over a buck a day) for this service and am happy to. I don't have homeless people sleeping outside my door nor do I see the typical trash scattered around as you would find in industrial districts converting in use to a vibrant community

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments