Mel Gibson

May Sue Joe Eszterhas

For Releasing Audio of Epic Rant

4/19/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0418_mel_Large-Audio-Launch_V6
Mel Gibson
is seriously considering suing Joe Eszterhas for secretly recording him at his home in Costa Rica last December, and then releasing the audio rant.

Sources connected with Mel tell TMZ ... the actor believes he has a "basic human right" NOT to be secretly recorded in his own home.

We're told Mel's people are looking at the laws of Costa Rica to determine if recording laws were violated and, even if they weren't, if Mel's right of privacy was violated by the release of the audio.

Mel explodes in the recording about Eszterhas' lack of progress with "The Maccabees" script  -- "What the f**k have you been doing!!" He also unloads on Oksana Grigorieva, calling her a ""F**king c**t, c**ksucking whore."

We're told Mel believes anyone recorded "at their worst moment" would sound awful, and it's unfair to trap people in their refuge.

One Mel source notes with skepticism that Eszterhas has made other allegations against Mel ... that the actor also ranted against the Jews and expressed pleasure that John Lennon was shot and killed ... but none of that is on the tape.

big chief

it's OK for Gwyneth Paltrow to rant on national TV and call her grandmother "a real ****" but Mel gets blasted for swearing in the privacy of his own home while being secretly recorded. Yeah, right. The media is so transparent.

2idiots

Weird, TMZ is "owned" by Warner Bros. WB HAD a movie deal w/ MG and Joe - project is now shelved.....up to now TMZ has never posted a Mel rant....Why ALL OF A SUDDEN did TMZ decide to post THIS RANT - odd, huh?

Mark

"...anyone recorded at their worst moment..." I'm afraid I may look worse than Mel during the worst moment of my life. Glass houses & stones...without sin/cast the first stone....yeah, you know. But if you hate Mel, he has certainly given the hypocrites alot to work with.

IA

So coincidental that this comes out just as the release date for Mel’s new movie approaches.

A curious point for the non-hateful minds to consider is how his Maccabee project goes against the interest of so many influential people. Meaning, that’s potential MOTIVE for doing everything they can to put him down, no matter how disgusting the tactics - yes Harvey, that includes you.

Since Gibson announced the Maccabee project, the ADL, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, and other jewish organizations have been putting a lot of pressure against it.

And of course, it is against producer Bruce Nash’s interest since he’s in a competing project, “the race is on”.

And of course there’s the crowd who are just too happy to jump into the “love to hate any celebrity who dares to portray Conservative/Christian views” band-wagon.
(Disclaimer: I do not myself fit into the Conservative-Christian box.)

Now Joe himself has admitted that he has been in close contact with the ADL before, meanwhile he’s supposedly working in a project that the ADL is viciously against, then he doesn’t even produce a first draft of the script upon the deadline, and then finally sends in a apparently awful script.

So what I want to see is Joe’s answer to what Gibson asked in his rebuttal letter.
If he believed Gibson is an “American Hitler”, why did he work with him all this time?
In February 5 he already admitted to the NYT to have seen several of Gibson’s “explosions” so he sure already new what he was getting into.
Then after the oh-so-scary explosion that his son was supposedly so afraid of, why would he remain on the house for two more nights in the luxury of MEL”S HOUSE?
Who in their right mind would unnecessarily remain two extra nights in a house where your kid is so scared that he needs to sleep with a knife? (And why wasn’t he himself protecting his kid as opposed to letting him “sleep with a knife”?)

It is ONLY after the script was finally rejected that - alas - Joe is suddenly turned against Mel. Yeah, riiiiight. Joe’s story doesn’t add, much like Oksana’s didn’t either, but then if she could get away with it, why not him?

IMO, Mel Gibson has been conned into, once again, associating with and trusting yet another spineless slug who will gladly cash out their dignity and morals.
I guess unscrupulous gold-diggers come in any shape or gender.

Muppet

Mel should sue this guy for sure! There was no threat to him and it sounds as if Mel left the house..what did the kid do? follow him out the door to record him??! Can someone tell me if this was addressed during TMZ live I can't hear it.

CppThis

While I tend to agree that surreptitiously taping someone in their own house is wrong, it should have occurred to Mel that a guy who's become notorious for ranting might not want to rant at someone whose job often involves recording stuff to remember what the client wants.

bossou

Mel your the best,dust yourself off grab a pen and paper and megaphone. ACTION YOU SACKS OF S*&^54 roll camera you fat Bi^%$.

fuddyduddy

TMZgossip: 11 hours ago
fuddy -- you're so clueless!!!
after all this time you still don't realize those tapes were recordings of like 13 different calls that night & a bunch of voicemails.

************************************************************

I do understand that the audios from OG were made over a number of calls. What's your point? I'm saying that OG did not have to talk with Mel and engage in conversation.

TMZgossip

it's ROID RAGE!!!!!!
of course, since beater-boi is involved, the ROIDS are HEMORRHOIDS!!

will

I wonder if anyone ate?

fuddyduddy

I would imagine that they did have something to eat. I think that illustrates how Mel is -- he gets it out of his system and he moves on.

kkg

Does Mr. Gibson apparently use use ugly and inappropriate language? Yep. Would I guess Mr. Eszterhas has indulged in similar language? Yep. Does his denunciation of Mr. Gibson appear hypocritical and self serving? Yep. Would I want to associate with Mr. Gibson after hearing his ugly rants on audio recordings? Nope. Would I want to associate with Mr. Eszterhas after witnessing his weaselly behavior upon having his script rejected? Nope. Should either of them care? Nope. Lots of ugly behavior in the world. Lots of it on this site, too. And there are plenty of people from whom most of us would distance ourselves, if we could. But who's to say they wouldn't want to distance themselves from us too? Judging from the number of dislikes I get on my posts, I would guess there are plenty here who feel that way about me. But, then again, who gives a flock, anyway? Not me. :o)

Kathleen

Andy1

Mel is an alcoholic, perhaps with some brain damage over time, who knows - could be also from concussions as well (as with sports figures whose brains are studied after death with concussion related damage evident), even from only a few incidents. If drunk, things are progressing into a madness state - years of rage at everything building up (including the mess he made of his relationships - and God knows what his relationship is with his kids. Has anyone ever seen recent photos of them all together). Aging is another issue - many don`t know who the heck they are as they get older, but at least Mel has money unlike older single mothers, stressed, going through financial hell (me).

I don`t know . . . seems to me the taper should be ostracized to a degree, certainly not trusted. Mel is not dealing with all well, but imagine what it would be like without money with conspiracy theories (true, in this case 0 the Jewish community in Hollywood is out to get him, it seems). The tape from the police should never have been released either. Mel, again, is an alcoholic and obviously not dealing well with some matters (aside from real estate investing and whatnot!). I think people should leave him alone and let bygones be bygones while he tries to become well, handle anger issues, quit drinking, deal with the overwhelming pressure to give up and die in his corner to please the Jewish people who want him to be cowed. I don`t really think, no matter what he said or has done that those with power should be so into wielding it. I think Mel deserves a new, better day. Hopefully, he will find it.

igotfleasfromtmz

Mel Gibson get a nice Jewish girlfriend and piss the heII out of them all.
You have done it once you can do it again- Make that freaking movie!!
Then call me to go fishing.

doug meaker

The jewish campaign against Mel is backfiring; that fact is clear from the incresing number of comments in his favour. Worse than that, newbies to the whole NWO issue are learning that the core of the problem is Jewish. When I first heard about Mel's rant to thje traffic cop that the Jews were the centre of the web of evil I was surprized...but when I started looking into it I found that to be supported by fact. And there are probably millions like me who now watch the slow sacrifice / assassination of Mel by the Jewisj comunity. Now we understand the great danger we face. Thank you Mel. Even if they destroy you, you will have contributed a great deal to the freedom of the world. Doug - South Africa