Fired 'Top Model' Judge

Good Luck Replacing Me

4/20/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0420_nigel_barker
Freshly-fired "America's Next Top Model" judge Nigel Barker tells TMZ, the show's in for a rude awakening now that he's been canned ... because his shoes will be INCREDIBLY difficult to fill.

Nigel tells us, "Good luck to whoever [replaces me]. I would imagine it's a tricky thing to replace someone who's going on their 19th season."

As for why Nigel believes he got the boot -- he tells us, the network is bent on completely revamping the show ... after record low ratings the last two seasons.

But he adds, "Who knows if this is going to work? I don't necessarily think it's a good idea ... Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. I wish them luck."

Tyra Banks announced this morning ... the CW would not be renewing Nigel's contract for the show's next season. Two other famed "Top Model" personalities -- Jay Manuel and J. Alexander -- were also fired.

0420_top_model_winners_now_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Amber

Wow, I loved J!

Kari

Nobody is going to watch it whether he's on it or not. The show is done--move on.

Phreaky

Has nothing to do with the people, it's because it's on the CW - I forget all about it being on, never watch that channel. They might as well stop, the show is nothing with Nigel, Jay and J.

VictoriaGirl

I stopped watching this show 2 seasons ago and I bet that without these 3 the show only has another 1 maybe 2 more seasons left before its cancelled. Im honestly surprised Tyra didnt go ahead and fire herself too. She's become such an egomaniac.

Sissy

It's Tyra they should of got rid of. She is so full of herself. That's why I stopped watching it.

click

not a good show .. girls shouldn't want it to begin with, read and get smart or you'll get trashed by the likes of people like Tyra Banks.

Barbiein Me

The show has been played out for the past 3 years. Without Nigel, its really done!

Tam

Stopped watching that crap many years ago. Tyra got to big for her forehead and I couldn't take it any more.

Laura in Cancun

Revamping the show? The revamps and strange challenges they've done the last few seasons are exactly why it's doing so badly to begin with... the show just got too weird.

PM2901

I can't wait for the tell-all book that Miss Jay will write. There's no way that he REALLY likes Tyra. I guarantee you the news came to all three as a surprise. Miss Jay is in his 50's, so he's going to have a hard time finding another job. That tell-all book is gonna be juicy!! Tyra is a self-absorbed, conceited psycho. That's why she goes from relationship to relationship. No man can tolerate her. She's a low-budget, wannabe Oprah.

lili

Got rid of the WRONG guy! Tyra's the one who's dreadfully annoying.

stu

Bring Janice back! Hire Carmen.

Tinalouise

It isn't HIS fault the show sucks! Problem is none of these girls really end up being a "Top Model".

KnuckleDragger

You're being fed KRAP TV, folks. You know why? Because there's nothing else to watch. Ask yourself, is this REALLY what I want to do with my "special" time at night? They feed you programs like this that cost almost nothing to produce and you eat it up like it was the new 'sliced bread'. That's the problem...TV has everyone hooked on TV. Honestly, for me, there are just a couple programs a day that are actually worth watching. Ask yourself, really, do you give a f*ck who the next top model is?

I didn't think so.

w

Oh COME ON!!!, He was some serious eye candy on that show, I am so not watching it now since they got rid of him, and I liked all of them, why did she do that. Shes an ass clown, good going Tyra.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments