Fired 'Top Model' Judge

Good Luck Replacing Me

4/20/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0420_nigel_barker
Freshly-fired "America's Next Top Model" judge Nigel Barker tells TMZ, the show's in for a rude awakening now that he's been canned ... because his shoes will be INCREDIBLY difficult to fill.

Nigel tells us, "Good luck to whoever [replaces me]. I would imagine it's a tricky thing to replace someone who's going on their 19th season."

As for why Nigel believes he got the boot -- he tells us, the network is bent on completely revamping the show ... after record low ratings the last two seasons.

But he adds, "Who knows if this is going to work? I don't necessarily think it's a good idea ... Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. I wish them luck."

Tyra Banks announced this morning ... the CW would not be renewing Nigel's contract for the show's next season. Two other famed "Top Model" personalities -- Jay Manuel and J. Alexander -- were also fired.

0420_top_model_winners_now_footer

B.Goddess

Im not surprised.I havnt even watched this season...its soooo rehearsed...tyra need to step back and look at the show...

datdambam

well i hate to see U go..OFF ALL PEOPLE...but im not gonna miss dat JAY'WALKER surely day can find a woman to do a womans job.....luv u TYRA but dam....

LAURIE

I WOULD WATCH AMERICAS TOP MODEL IF THEY GOT RID OF TYRA SHE IS THE WORST AND FAKE AS ALL GET OUT I HAVE NOT LIKED HER FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW. WHEN SHE HAD HER SHOW AND THE WAY SHE TREATED HER EMPLOYEES THERE BY RELOCATING WITHOUT ANY HEADS UP OR CONSIDERATION AND THEN CANCELLING THE SHOW WITH NO WARNING AND THEN ALSO SKIPPING OUT OF THE BILL AT THE RESTAURANT WITH RUSSELL SIMMONS COME ON DID SHE THINK WE BELIEVED HER LIES ABOUT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. NO AFRAID NOT PLEASE CANCEL THE ENTIRE SHOW!

Kelli

I used to watch this show religiously for the first 15 seasons. I finally woke up and realized it sucked anymore and haven't watched since. To tell you the truth, I didn't know it was even still on! Without Ms. J, Nigel and Jay Manuel, say goodbye to the rest of the viewers!

kola

beverly johnson will not be a good judge, and the show will not be what it was because all the talking about how the show is fake ad know ones get the job when it's over. she needs niegel, ms j and mr.j they didn't make the show go down, we love them and i will watch them over her any day. change your mind sweetheart you do need them. your rating has fallen after the announcement of them not being on there.so all we can say is WITHOUT NEIGEL, MS J. AND MR.J we are saying GOOD BYE TO A.N.T.M.

Mindy

thats waaaay too much change for a show to handle. This show is D-O-N-E now. Sad I loved it. WOnt be the same with out the J's and Nigel

Aaron

They made the wrong move.. They should have gotten rid of Tyra.. The last few seasons I've found her so completely annoying; plugging her books, herself, anddid you ever notice she always managed to get as much facetime in the opening credits as you can? She can replace all the cast members she wants but after the whole All-stars cycle situation people actually realized how fake the show actually is

Rae

It's clear why the last 2 seasons have tanked, because (hard to believe) the show has become EVEN MORE about Tyra. With her creating a video to go along with her book, and her booty tooch and smizing stuff - Nigel and the 2 Jays are the best thing about this show. I've watched it from the beginning, but it's just getting painful. I'm sorry, but the judges are not the problem. I actually love Tyra - but this is a big mistake - almost like Oprah leaving an established network to start her own.

Whit

Re-vamping the show with new judges/advisors will do nothing- the show got lame when the contestants started having to do stupid music videos and perfumes, and also when it seemed like they were trying to make every season super original like having 'the first plus size or african american antm ever'- pick the winnner based on merit instead...oh and being 'original' is only ever interesting if it isn't portrayed desperate and attention-seeking.

Kirk Bruner

19th season? What's he talking about? 19 years? I don't think so. Is he too drunk to know where he is or what year it is? Maybe he got canned because of his math skills. Maybe he got kicked to the curb because of his modesty. His shoes are "incredibly difficult to fill"? Dude, it's fashion. Any idiot can do it and plenty of idiots do it now without any help from you or your pretentious TV show. Plenty of people have had successful careers in fashion and especially modeling without having exhibited any of the traits you and the others on the show profess to "know". Barker's remarks are like somebody going out of the house in the morning without remembering to put on their pants. I guarantee that at some point in the future, he'll wince with regret at having said his shoes are "incredibly difficult to fill". It will be a private moment for him, and he may never share it with anyone, but it will come. Then, there's the matter of "19th season". What IS he talking about?

gossipgirl86

That's pretty effed up considering they were there for so long....

Liz

WOW! What a mistake! Some of us watch the show because of Nigel..there's a lot to be learned from his knowledge and experience. The ratings are down because the last two seasons weren't any good...give it up...I'm done without Nigel.

nikki

Could the low ratings be because of the stupid British Invasion which is completely unwatchable...Keep Nigel...

Elina