Rosie O'Donnell

RIPS Lindsay Lohan --

She's a DISGRACE to Liz Taylor

4/24/2012 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_u51ouy09_0_i0055s8l
Rosie O'Donnell
is on the warpath over the casting of Lindsay Lohan in the new Liz Taylor biopic ... saying LiLo simply isn't "capable" to perform the role because her personal life is still a disaster.

Rosie was on the "Today" show with Matt Lauer and Donny Deutsch ... when it was announced that Lohan will play Taylor in the upcoming Lifetime movie, "Liz and Dick."

O'Donnell instantly made her feelings known -- "I feel very sorry for her ... I think she needs a lot of time away ... She's had a lot of trouble doing every single movie, including SNL. She was out and not in rehearsal. I think she's not in a place to work."

When Deutsch suggested, "She's our generation's Elizabeth Taylor" ... O'Donnell lost it.

"You're out of your mind! You're a crackhead! The last thing she did good she was sixteen."

Rosie continued, "I don't think she's right for the role and I don't think she's capable at this point to portray that character."

0117_remembering_elizabeth_taylor_footer

SimplyHappy

Rosie was just stating her opinion, she certainly wasn't mean or obnoxious in what she said. I'm not a fan of either of these ladies, but I do believe Rosie is right. I also think that those of you who clearly dislike Rosie need to hang your heads in shame for a minute. To call someone a fat pig or any other disgusting name because you disagree with them is not cool. Lindsay has been given many opportunities to prove herself, and yet she continues to make headlines because of her wrong choices. At this point, nobody is going to take her seriously, especially if she can't take herself seriously. Taking your clothes off for a magazine shoot, and a couple of failed lines on Saturday Night Live isn't enough for me to believe she can do this. I also think that at this point in Lindsay's career, many people are just going to find fault in her performance regardless of how she does. Until she smartens up, acts responsible and earns respect, she's always going to be a target for "I told you so"

Tee

deutsch is goofy...his generation's liz taylor is LIZ TAYLOR!

RosieC.

I agree I don't think she's a good choice, but it's a LIFETIME movie let the dozen people who'll watch it make up their own minds!

UPYOURS

Why aren't people attacking Star Jones? She was agreeing with Rosie. Mind you, I don't care for Rosie. Not because of her weight, not because of her sexual orientation. I find her abrasive and obnoxious.

yerppi3

Donny is an idiot and is clearly only thinking with his ****.

Lindsay HAS NOT had a decent movie since Mean Girls. She was a TEENAGER when that movie came out. So obviously, people were judging her based on a child actress scale. Ever since hitting adulthood, this girl has had flop film after flop film, and has done absolutely NO serious roles. All she has ever done is kids movies for Disney, and teen movies.

So it amazes me how people can say she is "so talented" when she has NEVER EVEN DONE A REAL SERIOUS FILM BEFORE!! She has never been nominated for one damn serious acting award, she has never been anything other than a teen movie actress. People need to pull their heads out of their ***** and stop going back to MEAN GIRLS as your "proof" that she can act.

MEAN GIRLS WAS A TEEN COMEDY THAT IS NEARLY 10 YEARS OLD!!!! What good films has she done since then???

D

Rosie is right, but does anyone really care about her opinion on anything.

Luv

Oh, my, if this is true, I can't believe it. This has ALWAYS been telecast on CSPAN. I've watched it a few times. CSPAN always shows the guests entering the building too.

BREAKING: FNC’s Greta Van Susteren and hubby John Coale Land Lindsay Lohan for White House Correspondents’ Dinner

Fox News’s Greta Van Susteren and her husband, John Coale, have something of a tradition landing unusual, blockbuster guests for the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. One year it was Ozzy Osbourne, the next it was Kim Kardashian and last year it was former V.P. hopeful and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

This year they seem to have outdone themselves. They’re bringing Trouble, otherwise known as actress Lindsay Lohan, to the dinner as well as to socialite Tammy Haddad‘s and Hilary Rosen‘s infamous garden brunch on Saturday afternoon.

The notorious party girl will have her pick of festivities this weekend. For the media’s sake, we sure hope they keep Lohan on a loose leash

Wellington

I can't stand Rosie, but I agree with what she said. The truth is the truth no matter who says it. Donny Deutsch is insulting to this generation by saying Lohan is this generation's Taylor--give me a break. He's just interested in the PR/ad angle and not whether Lohan has the acting chops to do the role which is what O'Donnell was addressing.

Luv

Lindsay will be at the White House White House Correspondents’ Dinner this weekend with Greta S. It is interesting, a lot of jokes, and you can watch everyone enter. Watch on CSPAN.

What an odd, odd, choice Greta. What's up with you??? Greta want an interview or what?

Faye

This is the first time I've ever agreed with anything Rosie said. Lindsay playing Liz is a total disgrace. Liz had class. Lindsay has none.

Jane

Even if Rosie is just trying to get media attention she is right. Lindsay is just another washed up drug addicted has been. I mean look at her! lol www.bitly.com/InMTjD

Steppy

If anyone cared what Rosie had to say - her show wouldn't have been CANCELED.
Lindsay will be great!

khaines

^ if Lindsay was great, she'd not be doing Lifetime movies

Wellington

My philosophy is, if you don't want an honest answer, then don't ask the question. O'Donnell was asked what she thought of Lohan playing the Taylor role.

BTW NBC has pulled that clip off it's website.

Wellington