Jason Trawick

Officially Britney's

New Caretaker

4/25/2012 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0425-britney-spears-jason-trawick-getty
Britney Spears
' fiance Jason Trawick is officially the singer's newest conservator -- the judge in her conservatorship case just signed off on giving him legal power to govern Britney's affairs.

TMZ broke the story ... Britney's dad and conservator Jamie Spears filed the petition earlier this month, asking the court to add Jason as a co-conservator. We're told Britney also wanted Jason on board as co-conservator.

After the hearing, we overhead the lawyers say Jamie is "thrilled."

The move makes total sense ... considering the two are set to be married.

As co-conservator, Jason is now empowered to help decide how Britney will earn and spend her money -- including the $15 million deal she's about to sign with "X Factor."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

writenow

Only a girl from the deep, deep South would find this acceptable.

Lil Wayne

I love you Britney!

Pudding Tang

my peen would get nowhere near this psycho chick, unless you paid me about a million rupees.... wait a minute i think i just figured something out

KicksandGiggles

I did not know her mental problems were this severe to allow a BOYFRIEND legal control over her $$$. No competancy test needed here... SHE IS FREAKING NUTS!!! Not that much wang IN THE UNIVERSE to get control over my $$$!! Pops is sick of her & has gotten his $$ but doesn't want to take his hand completely out of the pot. Britney, girl get your ****ch together and take care of your own $$ and family!!!

FreeWill

Now start the funny part! What is wrong with this woman that cannot take care of herself?

squeakermama

Am I the only one that finds it weird that this poor woman can not handle her own affairs.

parlayer

I know what I'd have her do first!! director of affairs? start on this!! and try not to sing.

Redroses

Does anyone know why she still is under this conservatorship? Seems like she is doing well enough to handle her own finances now so why does the fiance have power over her finances as well as the dad...why hasn't she tried to regain control over her own business?

There's a problem here

I hope he has her best interest at heart but he has no binds to her. He is not her blood, nor is he a stranger handling a trust. I wish them both the best but somehow can't shake the feeling that this has all the earmarks of a really pathetic movie of the week with a really ugly fade out ending.

Meggie24

Britney's fiance now has control over her finances. Is this 2012 or 1812? The fact that she can't make any major life or financial decisions is proof enough that she isn't in a position to get married. Sounds like she's still a mentally & emotionally unstable person who just wants someone to take care of her - not a husband who'll be a partner in life with her. Jason sounds like an opportunistic tool.

Boop

I'm trying to do the math. He will marry her. That means equal assets (CA law), unless he signs a pre-nup. Then he will share income as the co-executor. That is an awful lot of tangling. I wonder what's up.
I'm just really sad for Brittany. I believe she needs the caregiving, but I'm still sad. She will never recover.

pdrc

i disagree. It gives him too much power over her. What happens if they split in a couple of years? He could screw her royally.

Gretel

@#11 redroses: Britney is mentally ill. She seems very steady on whatever therapy and meds she is working with now but if she quits her meds she's going to go right back to shaving her head, ambushing cars with umbrellas, and holding her children hostage, etc. Aside from that, she has been a pawn all of her life and it's my guess that she has nothing of herself to draw upon. She'd be one sick pup set adrift without a conservator. I just hope this is a good thing.

Amy

He looks old. Is he poor? I would be worried about him taking a fat chunk for himself. I think the world should leave this poor girl and her money alone. That goes for you, old money grubbing dude!!

BB

This really isn't very accurate. He is a co-conservator for her mental health. He makes/signs off on decisions based for things related to her mental health. He is responsible for making sure she has shelter, food, and clothing and that she is sticking with the advise from her doctors. This has to get renewed every year. Each year the conservator has to prove that she is still gravely ill. He only handles the money when she allows it. And they can only get "paid" a very TINY portion (if anything at all). He is ripping her off. Nor getting his hands on anything. It sounds like a guy who is marrying a girl with mental health issues and wants to help take care of her. Good job!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments