TMZ Live

OctoMom -- I'm Broke ...

But I'll NEVER Give Up My Kids

4/30/2012 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

043012_tmzlive2

Octomom is flat busted -- bankrupt -- but still believes she can pull out of it and insulate her 14 kids from disaster. Octo calls in to tell us what she'll do for a buck ... and you gotta hear her answer when Evan asks if she'd better off giving away the kids.

Plus, now that Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom have pulled the plug on their show ... what's next for both of 'em? Also, Justin Timberlake goes undercover -- and Dateline NBC's sting operation on middle school kids pisses off Charles, Harvey, and ... pretty much everyone.TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic

(0:00) The 911 call made by Jennifer Hudson's sister was released ... and it's heartbreaking.
(4:10) Barack Obama's comedy routine at the Correspondents' Dinner -- awesome ... or flop?
(10:30) Khloe and Lamar's reality spin-off show is done after this season -- will he be able to get his NBA career back on track?
(14:23) Underage "Hunger Games" star Josh Hutcherson buys booze with a fake ID.
(19:45) Octomom is bankrupt -- she calls in to explain how she plans on digging herself out of the hole.
(23:56) Harvey and Charles rip Dateline's new show -- in which parents allow their kids to be humiliated on national TV.
(27:52) Harvey sang with Paul Anka again this weekend!
(33:12) Justin Timberlake's cheap ride.
(38:43) Mel Gibson talks about his latest recorded rant ... and come off looking better.
(43:23) The weirdest story of the day is...

Alicia Servin

GET IT HARVEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy

Vanessa

I'm a Mom of a teen and I would totally have my teen do this. I don't agree with them being setup by the actress because that is contrived however why not call the kid out for being a cheater. It just might change them so in the future.

ravenmayne

Dateline NBC just showed that there Kids are weak and will bow down to peer pressure. Maybe they should do this to the "saintly" parents of these kids. They might ultimately prove we are all HUMAN. Nothing like scaring kids to the World. Who does this help again, oh right, NBC Ratings. Got it.

Bubbles The Chimp

Geez. Harvey does not even sing that song. He drones through the thing...Horrendous Monotone Sound. My earsssssssss.

P B

Mel Gibson is a dry drunk, he is a major accident waiting to happen

Alphabeter

1998: Clinton: I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
2012: Santorum: I did not take a photo of that celebrity.

Rod

Lindsy Lohan looked great?

Great for 50, good for 40, okay for 30.

Is she hot enough to play Liz Taylor at any age below 80? HELL NO!

Case in point, rent Ivanhoe...really Lindsy looks great compared to that??? REALLY??? I need about one of the six pack you've just chugged dude. (Then I might be drunk enough to actually sleep with the skank, and I'M 50!)

Athina

This is an idiot who said Octomom should give up her kids. They would go into the Foster Care system and that is a horrible place for them to be, without their siblings, living with strangers, their family ripped away from them. To "Evan" - you are a dumb and stupid idiot for even asking that question.

crazycatlady

Echoing the email I just sent y'all... No one in the media ever asks Nadya S. if she has applied for REAL JOBS in the REAL WORLD. I think she's perfectly capable of answering phones somewhere or doing basic admin work if not something more substantial. She'd probably say she can't afford daycare. But the real truth is she can't afford ANYTHING right now, without an income! She seems to take this attitude like she's only willing to make a quick buck, which usually also means doing as little as possible for it. It seems like a warped entitled attitude she has, like she's some kind of celebrity who's beneath a 9-5 gig, and/or because she has that many kids she can't work.

Stephanie

Amarosa was such a realm of fresh air. Someone who actually wanted to see good things for, and in people instead of bullying them. If children want to learn how to be successful bullies all they have to do is check in with your show. I'd like to be able to speak up for Harvey, when he is attacked for being here and having experienced a little life. What is the phone number to call in when the show is on live?

Stephanie

The young man who ask the Octamom why wouldn't she consider giving up her kids. My goodness, that is such a 'MAN' statement. "Times are tough and very hard so let's just give up our kids". No!!! You're a family U deal with it as a family. You deal with the life cards you're dealt. These are the cards that create you and your character for your purposed life. This was such an insult to all the Mom's who have from 1 kid to 15 kids and build a great bounded since of real family. Mom's don't give up their kids because life is tough. Ask those who have been given up because life was tough for the parent. They wanted to be with those who brought them in this world. Why don't you ask the parent who doesn't want the kids and treats them as such. "unwanted".

spenditall

Stephanie, Octomania was not "dealt" these cards in life. She hand picked them with herself in mind. Fair question Evan. You cannot feed your children on fantasy island.

Javatiger

Harv you need to take note on some of your staff !!... like the toker dude today over the Dateline story (what is his name... Ryan???) He was way outta line and should have been edited out of the taped Live as he could not grasp the concept of the conversation !!
Are you afraid to tell your staff to shut up Harv?
Even KK Obsessed Mike needs to be taken down a notch or two as well.
Harv, Read these comments and acknowledge the sensible ones on tomorrow's Live show. That would be nice for a change that you respond to your viewers comments. Might even shut-up (I'm a sellout) who is an idiot anyways!
BTW... Dateline is way out of line on this kid cheating thing and I think the industry should put the pressure on them for going so low for ratings.
I bet with some investigation one would find that the parents got paid for this case of entrapment, otherwise why would any parent "want to" humiliate their child this way?? To hear this story really makes me angry at the parents & NBC, but now I really want to know if the parents got money, because money talks & I can see some parents doing this for the almighty dollar !! That would be despicable & NBC could get themselves in more trouble. lol
I agree with an earlier comment on the board tonight too, Charles should talk more, he has a good perspective on the stories TMZ does and I find his presentation better, just saying Harv...

who dat

Your show has become boring & predictable. No wonder nobody wants to sponsor it, it SUCKS

LogicalLady

I love Evan for continuing to politely confront Octomom. He was right before when he questioned her spending, ancient history according to her, yet all that spending is why she is broke now. She's earned millions in the past three years (yes, millions - Suze Ormond went over her finances for Oprah) and yet squandered it all away. But on what? Not paying her bills - she hasn't made house payments in almost a year, and according to her bankruptcy docs owes for cable, phone, electric, water, the kids' private school ... And she recently told a reporter she's getting 4-5K a month in total benefits, not just 2K in food stamps. 4-5K a month and she doesn't have the money to pay her bills?! Plus whatever she's earning from the media and dial-a-loser (which she recently reported as 5K in 6 weeks). Someone needs to teach her fiscal responsibility. I nominate Evan. :-)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments