« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Seau Teammate Breaks Down

"I Missed Seeing Him

One Last Time"

5/2/2012 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

050212_max_sitll 0503_junior_seau_teammate_audio
Junior Seau
's former teammate broke down in tears, live on the radio, moments after hearing about his death -- and wished he could have done something to save his friend.

Marcellus Wiley played with Seau as a San Diego Charger in 2001 and 2002 -- and now co-hosts the Max and Marcellus show on 710 ESPN in LA.

Marcellus was on the air today when TMZ broke the news about Seau's death -- and immediately got emotional sharing memories of his teammate.

Take a listen, it's extremely poignant ... especially when Marcellus laments missing his last chance to hang out with Junior at a recent event.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jdub

Literally brought tears to my ears listening to that. How sad. RIP.

Bridget

This is always so sad. Not just the pain he was in, but the pain his friends and family are in now. Prayers to all of them. RIP.

KnuckleDragger

A man leaves on his own terms. The rest just die accordingly. I respect that.

bring back recent posts

...IF JUST ONE PERSON....hears this...and stays strong enough too fight the inner demon of depression...and reaches out...all this sad news will be worth it...depression is terrible..and suicide so prevalent because of it..god bless those he left behind..and I pray ..that somewhere tonite..one lost soul will find inspiration too LIVE!

Dreaming

Now all we have are memories and regrets..Hoping that those memories get you through the bleak days and hours ahead. A counselor once told me.."Don't ever blame yourself ..for not being there..Nobody can TALK a man in to taking his own life..someone determined, will find a way to do so..now or later."

Harry

I'm a Raiders fan and hate Junior Seau for his famous celebrations stomping our emblem . . . . but I left that aside when TMZ broke the news I felt bad and wished the best for his family, now that I listen to Marcellus it really hurts and makes me sad.

Let's go Big Dawg, you got a huge angel taking care of you from up there.

Nefertiti

How heartbreaking!!! My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Junior had so much to live for, but who knows ones inner demons. May he find peace in the arms of God.

NickSunset

Really what a good friend , friends who ignored previoius sucide attempts and did not return phone calls or intervene to his obvious disturbed mind. Oceanside is the 909 of the pacific coast why was Jr. Living there? I would not let me dog even crap in that dump. No EX TEAMATES you were not his friend you were his CO WORKER that is it!!

JFC10

I listen to Max and Marcellus everyday and he seems like such a nice guy. Breaks my heart to hear him like that. My prayers go out to him and Seau's family.

Deelight

Jr...no one knew the daemons that you were dealing with. You have tons of people who will truly miss you. R.I.P Jr. and prayers go out to your family in this time of pain<3 You will never be forgotten.

Mumzee

There is no worse pain than that of the ones left behind, the guilt of being not being able to help those that are so desperate for peace that they take their own lives. I know far too well how he feels, it is very sad. Made me cry listening to this and also watching juniors mom break down earlier, heartbreaking...I feel so badly for the family.

liquid kitty

Peace to the Seau family and friends...

Miriam L. Wright

As a longtime resident of Oceanside, I can say that JUNIOR was one of the "realist" people you could ever hope to meet. He was always warm, friendly, caring, considerate.....just a ver approachable person. I saw him last Sunday on my drive down THE STRAND. He was on his balcony with a few people and he was just looking at the ocean. I wish I had stopped to say hello and to give him a big hug. Junior will be missed by everyone in Oceanside.

Lemar

They say people are in your life for seasons and everything that happens is for a reason.

haskel420

ESPN just ignorantly said 'SEAU WAS FOUND SHOT TO DEATH' theres a huge difference between suicide by gun and SHOT TO DEATH.. same with saying zimmerman killed that black guy Vs TRAYVON died from his wounds..!! HUGE difference

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments