Demi Lovato

Front-runner for X Factor Judge

But No Offer ... Yet

5/2/2012 10:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_demi_lovato_miley_cyrus_article
Demi Lovato is the front-runner for the 4th seat on the "X Factor" judge's panel, but she hasn't gotten an offer yet ... sources connected with Fox Network tell TMZ.

We broke the story, producers are close to sealing a deal with Britney Spears to fill one of the 2 vacant chairs, but that deal is still in negotiations -- it is NOT closed. We're told both sides expect to reach an agreement and if they do Britney will end up with $15 mil for the season.

Lovato certainly has a fiery personality -- as we reported, she once socked a female back-up dancer in the face during the Jonas Brothers tour.

The other people in contention for the 4th seat are Miley Cyrus, Avril Lavigne, LeAnn Rimes and Fergie. But there have been NO offers made to fill that seat.

notalawyer

All of the above are horrible choices but then again maybe this a horrible show...

EMP BITE ME

You got to be kidding me,these girls are suppose to judge other singers?Miley and demi? they cant even sing themselves,let alone judge.Plus DEMI is crazy too.

sav

worst....idea....ever

Areader

Simon got his headed handed to him in his first season with X Factor in the USA. Let's hope that he's learned that all the "pomp and cir***stance" left TV viewers feeling disconnected.

Also, no one with any common sense believed that Simon had actually let Melanie Amaro go when the judges were forming their teams....Simon should watch "The Voice" , he'd learn a lot!

Simone

I think Simon's been too focused on his sexual liaisons and has lost touch with who's hot right now. I'm not sure I could pick a lamer or more hated group of potential judges.

Bitchmaster

What is with the boring stories lately TMZ? How about some new Kim Kardashian story and more pictures of her. You'll get zero or little hits or readers with this kind of boring stuff. People here want the most popular and talented person ever. Thats Kim Kardashian. Hurry up please.

Anonymous527496

I prefer Fergie instead of Leann "homewrecker" Rimes, Avril, or Miley.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I'd like to see Fergie get the gig. I don't know Demi to judge her, but if she was as big a star as Fergie and Britney then I would know more about her than the gossip I've read about her on TMZ.

RedwoodPerch

Since there are 5 contenders for the 4th seat, I am assuming that Demi was the one that put out.

Bianca

Demi, Miley and Avril are talent-less, crazy or pretentious (or all of the above)...no one wants to hear their so called opinion about anything. they're not respected enough in the music business to be judging others...DONT DO IT SIMON!!!

Truth

F*CKING TRAIN WRECK!! SHOW HAS JUMPED THE SHARK BEFORE ONE DAMN EPISODE HAS EVEN BEEN TAPED. IMAGINE DEMI AND BRITNEY MENTORING THE GULLIBLE TWEENERS... THAT'S LIKE OCTOMOM ACTING AS SPOKESPERSON FOR SAFE SEX. O...M...G... #TRUTH!!

Truth

IS AUTO-TUNE A TALENT???? APPEARS DEMI AND BRITNEY PROVES IT IS... JUST SAYIN. #TRUTH!!

Jackie

HUH!!!...EPIC.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Why do they always need to be overarrated female pop stars (I means "stars" loosely)? The female is always a wishy-washy bimbo, pick a dude. What's Timmy T up to these days? Beck? Keith Sweat? One of those Barenaked Ladies dudes? Bel Big Devoe....now you know?

candace

I say Britt and Fergie are the best choices right now. They know what's it's like to be a hit and keep it some what. They have the respect that a judge needs and know what their talking about. Has for the other 3 what have they done lately? Miley is a joke, Leanne isn't much better and Avril please don't. If one of these 3 get the job I'm going to feel so sorry for whoever is stuck with them. I WON"T watch the show either!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments