Chaka Khan

I'm the Next 'X-Factor'

Judge, If they Call Me Back

5/6/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0505_xfactor_chakakhan_getty
Who will be the next judge on "X-Factor"? Britney Spears ... Demi Lovato ... Miley Cyrus ... Chaka Khan ... er, what?

That's right ... sources close to the Queen of Funk tell TMZ ... Chaka is throwing her hat in the ring to snag one of two vacant spots on Simon Cowell's hit talent show.

We're told Chaka -- who has 10 Grammy awards -- is dying to be considered for the lucrative gig and instructed her people to reach out to producers of the show, claiming to be perfect for the part ... toting her 40 plus years of experience in the biz.

Don't get too excited funk fans ... there's no word on whether she's actually been called back.

But we're sure her phone will be ringing any ... minute ... now ...

Roman

Please no, nobody from the young audience knows her. And I'm sure a lot of older people don't know her either because...well the funk isn't super maintream, I doubt a lot of people are interested in her.

Sue

I would love to see Chaka as a judge.

Her 10 grammy's speak for something.

I cant see Britney being a judge. this girl is a true
country bumpkin, and does not speak well.

stu

She's a better option than Howie Stern or Mandel.

keepinitrealincali

Chaka has true musical talent and cred. She's a proven artist whose career has stood the test of time. Simon would be a fool to not consider her for the gig.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

X Factor is empty, Teeny bopper BS that does not require any real talent. Chaka has real talent. Chaka is not right for the show.

Julia21

10 grammies and i still don't knoww who she is.

myopinion

She has been in the business longer than any of the other choices, I think she will be great with the experience she has....Good Luck!!!!!

Melanie

He needs to bite the bullet and hire Mariah. She knows her stuff and has a following.

Faye

Personally, I'd be more likely to watch it with Britney.

USArmy

No way in hell this will happened. They need rating and they won't get them with her.

Sincerity

Chaka Khan would make the X Factor WORTH WATCHING. Many people forget that she roses to prominence in her "late teen or early twenties" and has been where many aspiring recording artists want to go. She has the "in-depth" experience of a "genuine" music industry insider who can tell the difference between a "back up" singer and a "real talented" artist with the potential to make a "lasting impression". I've seen her perform live twice and she still has what it takes to make people jump to their feet and PARTY!!! It's about time for Simon Cowell to hire "RESPECTED" judges with "in-depth" experience as opposed to "ONE HIT" WONDERS!!!

KicksandGiggles

Chaka' smells a dolla'

Republi-CAN

She got her nickname while in the Black Panthers. A racist organization. She would obviously be biased.

David

I think she would be good for the job but at the end of the day who's going to get more ratings britney spears/Demi lovato or Chaka and I think everyone knows the answer it seems harsh but I think she's too old , all Simon cowell cares about is ratings and I seriously can't see chaka generating more viewers than either Demi lovato or britney spears

dj

Chaka admitted in previous articles that she did drugs with Whitney Houston at the start of Whitney's career. I guess she wants to see if she can ruin another talented performer.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments