MJ Estate

Settles War with Chick

From 'Thriller' Video

5/10/2012 3:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0510_ola-ray_thriller_2
Michael Jackson's Estate has finally settled its beef with the girl who played MJ's date in the famed "Thriller" video -- three years after she filed her lawsuit.

TMZ broke the story ... Ola Ray sued MJ and his production company in May 2009 -- the month before Jackson died -- claiming she hadn't been paid royalties from the legendary 1983 music video.

The former Playboy Playmate sued for breach of contract, insisting she was still owed a massive chunk of "Thriller" profits.

We don't know how much the Estate settled for -- but from what we can gather, Ola got something.

"Thriller" director John Landis has filed a similar lawsuit against the Estate. We're told both sides are still trying to negotiate a settlement.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Criss

How was the video "infamous"? Does whoever wrote this even know what that word means?

What I Think

She played MJ's date in this video? Weren't any little boys available to play the part?

Mike

TMZ, you are showing your incompetence again. I think you meant "famous" video, not "infamous" video. Use a dictionary if you need to.

harleyharlett

holy cow! the 405 freeway is shut down in both direction, and now all the roads around laurel canyon are closed for potus - no one is getting home tonight!

G. Doll

@ Avengers 3D
Don't quit your day job. ****Throws tomato*****

What I Think

I couldn't help but notice that MJ looks more girly than the girl herself. LOL

Seldombinlaid

I was looking at the picture of MJ. He should have stopped with the plastic surgery at that point. Just a comment gang. Yound man was looking good for a young guy at that point, but took it to far. I hope he's resting in peace. My respects to the family.

KicksandGiggles

I don't remember her doing anything other than standing there posing and walking on his arm 10 steps.

Jay W.

Ola Ray has to have income... why not royalties from 30,000 years ago.. ? Has she no marketable skills ?

Anya

Just HATE this new format so much !!!

Dave Drewer

The "Thriller" video is one of the most popular videos ever; it's her own fault for not parlaying her role in the video into an acting career. Dumb ho.

PPC

Let's see - I'm a washed up, broke, old, unemployed, untalented Playboy playmate (for one month) what will I do today? I know... I will sue the Jackson estate for a video that was shot 29 years ago, where I displayed no talent. I'm shocked that the statute of limitations didn't take an effect on this case.

parlayer

michael had a female date?? he like little boys??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments