Britney Spears-

New York Bound For 'X-Factor'

5/12/2012 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0511_britney_spears
Britney Spears is set to make a big splash Monday by personally appearing at the FOX Upfronts in New York City for the announcement that she will be joining  "X Factor."

As we reported, as of Friday AM the deal was NOT signed, contrary to various reports.  There were some fairly minor issues that still needed resolving and both sides were hoping to finalize it by end of day Friday or over the weekend.

Our sources say ... Britney and FOX both think a personal appearance is essential in creating buzz for the show.

bring back recent posts

....I think I get the reasoning behind this...she just is replacing Paula's persona...because everyone tuned in too watch that on idol...and with Brit on x-factor will be the same thing...BAD for Brittany..cause clearly she takes meds..and is controlled like a puppet..this is going too add unfair pressure too here..BUT..def will be a ratings SCORE...but for all the wrong reasons...its all about numbers..the " talent" is just part of the equation for the show.....don't kid urselves..it's all about the publicity the show gets ..and Britney is going too bring it on like no other...Simon knows EXACTLY what he is doing!

janja

I still don't see how someone who has no confidence in herself to sing live can possible judge someone who does. This is a very bad choice!

maya

i think she is good looking girl with some personality but why everyone think that the show will be huge hit because of her, yes she is a press power but i dont think it will be a huge help

Passion Of The Taint

SHE NOW HAS A FOREHEAD LIKE A MOVIE THEATER...

Passion Of The Taint

BUT STILL HOT!

CMKISS76

I thought she wasn't trusted to speak on live tv. That girl doesn't have 1 brain cell in her head, hence the reason it takes 1000 people to put an album together FOR her

Birdsht

Simon fails hard again. You have to be kidding me with this brain dead fame burnout nutcase that noone wants to hear from let alone look at.

SImon

I think this woman and ALL around her are INSANE!!! She should go get some help until she can at LEAST sign her own CHECKS! ARE THEY SERIOUS!!! SHE'S MENTALLY UNSTABLE!!!

DaveT

Idol, Got Talent, X Factor shows were all pretty good in the beginning, but they're pretty much all scripted formulas now, and predictable.
There are still some decent acts on them, just have to sort through the all the lame, boring acts.....Youtube makes that easier.

Tesla_Consulting

So your dad and your "p***s" have to sign. Girls are so freakin weird.

tricia

Sheesh, stop the hate. Britney is doing fine.

Sarah

"Britney will not sign the deal because she's under a conservatorship -- Co-conservators Jamie Spears and Jason Trawick will do the honors." So basically this poor woman is a slave and prisoner. This is so wrong they can sign her up to do anything and she just has to do it she has no say in anything. I think this is abuse she a 30 year old mother of two and shes not allowed to do anything she wants I could understand if she was very ill and a danger to herself but she obviously not as she can go on tour, make CD's and get married and now do X Factor. Now I understand why she cut them all of when she had that breakdown she just wanted to have a life and do what she wanted this is a woman who was trying to escape from theses controllers. I doubt this poor woman will ever be allowed to have her life back again.

DeeWA2010

I don't know, but I will NEVER FORGET he interview w/Matt Lauer. NOT A GOOD SHOWING for Brit. I have a HORRIBLE feeling this is going to be a BAD DECISION on her CONSERVATORS' part. I hope she doesn't come off like a BIMBO!

Bo

I hope this isn't true... because if it is... I won't be watching the X-Factor!! She has no talent, cannot sing or dance.

Nancy

So lets see? This girl cant sign her own contract but she can be a judge on a show that basically can change the course of someones life???
Are you senile Simon?