Mitchell Guist

Dies in Louisiana [Update]

5/14/2012 9:58 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/14/2012 4:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0514_swamp_people_mitchell_guist

update_bar
10:19 AM PDT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Mitchell was out in his boat along the Belle River ... when he "fell." Witnesses say he appeared to have been suffering from a seizure.

We're told another person on the boat returned the vessel to the dock and called 911. Emergency personnel responded to the scene and transported Mitchell to a nearby hospital ... but it was too late.

12:15 PM PDT -- A rep for the History Channel tells us, "We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he love."

4:11 PM PDT -- The 911 call, placed moments after Mitchell Guist fell, was just released to a local news station. According to the caller, Mitchell had a seizure then went into cardiac arrest.

051412_swamp_people_911_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Mitchell Guist
-- one of the bearded alligator-hunting brothers featured on the reality show "Swamp People" -- has died.

According to WBRZ.com, Mitchell was discovered at 9 AM in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... someone tried to perform CPR on Guist ... but attempts to resuscitate the reality star were unsuccessful.

051412_guist_swamp_people_launch
Sources close to Mitchell tell us ... Guist had recently fallen ill ... but the nature of his illness is still unclear.

Story developing ...

0514_mitchell_guist_footer

cindy

Rest in Peace. Seems like God wanted you home. Glen your brother will be missed by so many, please continue your journey here on earth.

bobo

i think you are some rude people on here <3 rest in peacemitch loved your show

don

my family is very saddened to hear of mitchells death ,we are very attached to the show our best part is with the brothers. yah man ,rest in peace mitchell.

don

nicholas

Sad story about what happen to Mitchell

Angela Dorns

so sorry am goin 2 miss u

Mark Johnson

I'm sorry for your loss,for that i watched the show every time it was on and i really liked those guys for doing what they liked to do best. Mitchell will be sadly missed by everyone up around here and my heart goes out to the family and your loss. WE WILL NEVER GORGET YOU.MARK JOHNSON.

dtox

why say anything if you cant say something nice...some of these comments really piss me off..God bless you Mitchell, your purpose on life was served, we may never know who's life you touched, but they do.....

Jinesh

they seemed like good folk who just wanted to live the way they wanted to. Good for them, and very sad for his brothers loss. They were inseperable. I am very close to my bro and couldn't imagine losing him like that. RIP

SHY

We are from New Brunswick, Canada, and we are going to miss him greatly , rest in peace , very well missed

lock1

goining to miss mitch loved him on show

josephgein

Cool dude. R.I.P.

Freeboosie

Man I luv swamp ppl I can't watch it anymore without him my mom is going to b so upset but mad at me 4 no reason she's always like that with death

Vivek

Here is Mitchell Guist sharing a light moment with his brother http://liveoncampus.com/wire/show/3379801 a tribute to Mitchell Guist someone who really enjoyed what he was doing and always had a smile on his face which made others smile, my condolences to his family.

Reita

I always looked forward to watching Mitchell and Glen my prayers are with the family God bles