Mitchell Guist

Dies in Louisiana [Update]

5/14/2012 9:58 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/14/2012 4:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0514_swamp_people_mitchell_guist

update_bar
10:19 AM PDT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Mitchell was out in his boat along the Belle River ... when he "fell." Witnesses say he appeared to have been suffering from a seizure.

We're told another person on the boat returned the vessel to the dock and called 911. Emergency personnel responded to the scene and transported Mitchell to a nearby hospital ... but it was too late.

12:15 PM PDT -- A rep for the History Channel tells us, "We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he love."

4:11 PM PDT -- The 911 call, placed moments after Mitchell Guist fell, was just released to a local news station. According to the caller, Mitchell had a seizure then went into cardiac arrest.

051412_swamp_people_911_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Mitchell Guist
-- one of the bearded alligator-hunting brothers featured on the reality show "Swamp People" -- has died.

According to WBRZ.com, Mitchell was discovered at 9 AM in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... someone tried to perform CPR on Guist ... but attempts to resuscitate the reality star were unsuccessful.

051412_guist_swamp_people_launch
Sources close to Mitchell tell us ... Guist had recently fallen ill ... but the nature of his illness is still unclear.

Story developing ...

0514_mitchell_guist_footer

Colleen Beaudrot

MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS THERE AND AROUND THE WORLD HE WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED FOR SURE GOD BLESS HIM

Rox

Use him as gator BAIT now!!! lol :) RIP

abmayfield

so sad...

Karen

My heart goes out to Mitchell's family & friends. He will be missed on the show. I love watching that crazy man & his brother on the show.

Eric

How many of you would have let him die rather than even attempt CPR? Be honest...

Longelle.P.

my heart goes out to his family R.I.P Mitchell u will be missed :( :( :( :( :( :(

Swamp People Fan

I feel sorry for his brother too :) He is really going to miss him. RIP Mitchell

liana b

omg i am so sad! i loved him and his brother. they were never freaking gator huntin they were always gar hunting. REST IN PEACE!

Hel

I sure hope the cameras were there to catch it on film......

Stormie

I Loved watching him and his brother Glenn, they were awsome together. So sorry for the family RIP

Sylvia Murphy

Im so sorry to hear of his passing. I watch the show all the time. My heart goes out to the family and friends of his. May God be with them.I really love the show on how they catch what they catch.

ChristyNY

RIP Mitchell, your energy will be missed on the show!!

keith cooper

Sorry to here about im i liked him and his bro.

billy

NOOO!!!!!!!!!

CelebJustice

Awww.... R.I.P. Mitchell.
His brother must be devastated. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.