Ne-Yo

I Didn't STEAL from The Game

5/14/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

051412_neyo_launchR&B megastar Ne-Yo says he's NOT GUILTY of stealing the title of his upcoming album R.E.D. from The Game ... even though Game released his R.E.D. album last year.

"No ... I don't feel like I ripped off The Game's album," Ne-Yo told us at LAX ... insisting he carefully selected the name of his album (which stands for Realizing Every Dream) because he felt it had a good fit ... not because he was trying to copy the rapper.

FYI -- Game's R.E.D. album debuted #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.

"Until The Game comes up to me and says he has a problem with it, I don't care what people think." ... Ne-Yo said.

He also points out that he's not the first artist to inadvertently use another artist's album title -- "Jay-Z did The Blueprint and so did KRS-One."

As far as Game is concerned, he recently told XXLMag.com he doesn't hold a grudge with Ne-Yo over the album title ... saying, "I’ve always known Ne-Yo to be a cool dude, so I’m pretty sure he got his reasoning."

Joao

I think it's nuts that hardly anybody knows anything these Billboard No.1 hit so-called "musicians" do.... and to think we thought that Rock 'n Roll would never die...well it's been dead for over 20 years.... and I blame the greedy media manipulator.

Butters_Creamy_Goo

"Those people"? go back to Fox news you racist pig

Jackazz flatts

When is he going back to his shoeshine stand

parlayer

Damn #1 took the words out of my mouth, but thanks. John is you is or is you ain't dead???

Angie

Well,Ne-Yo knew there was already an album titled R.E.D. and he still kept it.Nothing wrong with that..I guess he can keep himself in the news with that..for now....but if I was him,I'd pick something unique,more original for the album title.

Tim

It's always nice to see two homies able to get along.

Bridget

Ne-yo is a hip-hop R&B SINGER!! Infact one of his albums is called "year of the gentleman".

The reaction to him here was interesting though.

superbadnerves1

Why dont all the people who dont like rap go back to listening to there devil worship heavy metal to damn loud music

xlllllllx

If The Game doesn't retaliate, everyone is gonna think he is rational.

Nicole

Read his shirt, "Honesty" love it.

b.o.b.hate

see people are dick riders when jay-z took krs 1 title no one talked about him but you wanna slander ne-yo be happy he's a successful singer that creates his own music and don't bite rhymes like jay-z