Britney Spears

'X Factor' Announcement Was a Bloody Nail-biter

5/15/2012 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bloody nails belonging to Britney Spears.
No one was more nervous to see and hear reassembled pop princess Britney Spears at her big $15 million "X Factor" announcement  yesterday than Britney herself ... at least judging from her chewed up and bloody fingernails.

Despite the unwavering support from her new boss Simon Cowell, Britney seems to be taking out her pre-show anxiety on her cuticles ... a problem she's been dealing with for years.

In fact, Britney made a New Year's resolution to drop the habit in 2008, saying ... "Next year, I have to learn to stop biting my nails! I would like to stop worrying so much, because I worry all the time."

0515_britney_footer

Joan K

Sorry to all of the Britney lovers but this is disgusting. The truth hurts I guess.

Aimsterrr

As someone who lives with a mental illness (bipolar II), I understand everything she's gone through especially with the cir***stances of being thrust into success as a young adult and left undiagnosed/untreated. Someone said her eyes look dead, but the meds are really helping her. The right mood stabilizers can work wonders. Don't knock on it if you haven't suffered from mental illness.

LRM216

Leave her alone you vicious creeps. She's a human being that has struggled greatly and has come a long, long way - how dare you try to demolish her again.

Meanie

I hate this wacko. She looks like she belongs in a trailer park with her 12 brat kids from different sperm donors.

Allison

Wow. What a difference from the fresh-faced early days of cute Britney.

buzz kill

Hasn't even started yet and already knawing the digits, better keep the men with white coats and straight jacket handy. Her conservators really need her money.

REALbarbwire7

WHY would TMZ print this? Is it really necessary to show how nervous someone is? That's rude!

mannequin

I feel sorry for her since it appears she's not all together there. Still, what could she have to worry about?

Jbo

Holy CRAP - that's self-mutilation. Disgusting! If she didn't smoke and chew her nails - GOD knows what she'd put in her mouth...

hutch138

who realy cares

steve

I support Britney in all her endavors ..besides being hottie ...shes very smart bussiness woman you go girl

Serious Now

I thought she was in a skimpy white mini dress for the announcment? I hate that they always show her wiged out days pictures, just show us the new ones, I hate looking at the old ones. She will never get away from it with reminders like that.

campy

Oh my gawd! Who bites their hands until they bleed?

barney

To all the Pathetic Loosers making the negative comments,if you think Britney is disgusting,dirty and has no talent why do you take the time to read what she is doing and then write about it.There can be only two reasons 1)You have such boring lives and have nothing else to do are 2)you like her and don't want to admit it.
As for me I admit I ke her and think she looks Hot.Would have no problem sucking on her fingers no matter what they look like are whereever she has had them.

victory

Those chewed to the nubs fingernails are a sure sign Brittney has major anxiety issues, I wonder if it is so wise to put her on a weekly television program. Or was she pushed into the gig for the money? Just keep her medicated, MMMM! She seems emotionally very fragile.