Feds:

Kim K Hocked

BOGUS Shoes

5/16/2012 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0516_kim_kardashian_skechers
The Skechers fitness shoes Kim Kardashian tried to convince you to buy don't actually work ... not even a little bit ... so says the federal government.

The Federal Trade Commission has determined Skechers made unfounded claims about its Shape-Ups shoes ... pushed by hot-bodied spokespeople like Kim K and Brooke Burke.

According to the FTC, Skechers lied about clinical studies which the company said proved the shoes help people lose weight and strengthen muscles in the ass, legs and stomach.

In fact, Skechers has agreed to pay $40 million in settlement costs ... and anyone who bought the shoes will be eligible for a refund.

Still, Skechers is reportedly disputing the FTC decision -- and plans to conduct more research on the effects of the shoe.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

yeahrightmoron

Don't put the PR pen down so fast, that Perfect Skin class action is right around the corner.

linusik

I don't care what people say, I've had back pains for two years, after wearing shapes for a little less then a month my back pain completely disappeared and it's been 2 1/2 years without any pain. So I say, **** Feds . Like they are the most honest bunch of them all ... Pffft

TreasureTroll

I thought these shoes just improved your balance. I didn't realize they were saying that they actually caused weight loss lol

koko

Fake shoes, breasts, eye lashes...the list goes on.

Cynthia Medina

So where do I go to sign up for the SKECHERS i PURCHESED @ Macys. I still have the shoes that your right did nothing for me but put a dent in my pocket and make me fall cuz the were higher then usual and very heavy,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6