Mary Kennedy Death

Asphyxiation

Due to Hanging

5/17/2012 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0517_robert_kennedy_jr_mary_kennedy
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s estranged wife Mary Kennedy died yesterday as a result of asphyxiation by hanging -- this according to the Westchester County medical examiner.

The medical examiner does NOT mention the word "suicide" -- though it's being widely reported ... Mary killed herself.

Mary's body was found yesterday afternoon at her home in Bedford, New York . She was already dead by the time police arrived at the home.

According to the Bedford Police Department, officers responded to Mary's home to investigate a possible "unattended death," meaning no one witnessed it.

Sarafina

So sad for her 4 children.

ChloeMarie

Cursed. Believe it.

nicole

what a shame...and a horrible way to go!

logan

I have always been very suspect of Robert Kennedy Jr. and his connection with Hugo Chavez and Venezuela oil. I NEVER stop at a Citgo gas station. One quote from Mr. Chavez is, "I am convinced that the path to a new, better and possible world is not capitalism, that path is socialism." Sound familiar. There is no Kennedy curse, only the way they choose to live their lives. Didn't he leave his first wife to marry Mary?

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

What is with those Kennedy's???

Bridget

I never quite understood why someone would take their life that way. One would think they would go for a less painful way. But who knows what exactly is going through a persons mind at that moment. Poor woman. Prayers to her and her family. RIP

wpgguy

Murder

BeSerious

So sad. What a place of pain she must have been in to think that was the thing to do and leave her children ages 17 - 11. I don't think it was "the curse". I think it is just life. Sometimes it just becomes to much for some people. RIP and I pray for Bobby and the children and Mary's family.

w

She so didn't kill herself, they got the breitbart guy to do it.

I luv u RPattz!

No man or woman is ever worth killing yourself over.

Canadasux

I feel sorry for these Kennedy children, even if they're adults. Their father is out "doinking" celebrities, so their mother decides to just check out from life, in a most gruesome way; and, thus, not be there for anybody in the divorce. This is very sad.

Justice_4_Kelly

Rosemary Kennedy, Mary Jo Kopechne, Marilyn Monroe and now Mary Kennedy.

All tragedies thanks to The Kennedy Klan

Babydoll0630

Ya, I already heard about this yesterday. SO sad.

w

I also meant to add that my heart goes out to this family and her Children, God rest her soul and I don't believe she killed herself, she was a Kennedy, someone murdered her.

YouDontSay