'Fifty Shades of Grey'

Linked to

Vagina Ball Explosion

5/18/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0517_fifty_shades_of_grey
The sultry bestseller "Fifty Shades of Grey" is causing a boom in the sex toy market -- in fact, a company that specializes in vaginal exercise balls says it's sold a record number of hoo-ha doodads in the last month ... all thanks to the book.

A rep for the sex toy company -- called Fun Factory -- just sent a thank you letter to "Fifty Shades" publisher Vintage Books, writing, "In the last month, our Smart Balls sales have gone up 300%."

0517_smart_balls
In case you haven't read the book -- the main character Christian Grey uses a pair of Kegel exercise doohickeys called Ben-Wa balls on his female sex slave (for those with the book, skip to page 362).

The rep writes, "Thanks to the book, we are getting emails and calls from around the world asking about our Smart Balls ... Yesterday, the Fun Factory office received an email from a 74-year-old woman in Dubai who read the book while vacationing in the USA."

Vagina balls ... uniting cultures.

Bridget

Okay, how come my post mocking people who thought sketchers and walking would give them a body like brooke burke was deleted, but you can say vagina balls???

Sooo not fair, lol.

Jackie

Nice advertisement for the book TMZ....ha ha....NOT. I doubt a 74 year woman sent an email....just big epic is all i can see.

DaveT

Additionally, vagina balls can be used as self defense weapons in a dark alley.....

Marie

It's a good day to be in the vagina weight business.

Natasha Denver

two cents

I've GOT the read this book!! lol

Kelly

This 50 Shades woman is the WORST WRITER IN THE WORLD!

Tereza

Seriouisly TMZ (and I mean you Harvey) she is not his "female sex slave." He asks her to be in a dominant/submissive relationship, which she never agrees to, and they eventually end up in a loving marriage and having two kids.

You've been corrected on several past articles, you've had time to do your research... aren't you tired of getting it wrong yet?

IceGypsy

How is this dreadful piece of work on the bestseller list.

Jay W.

Will they cure hemorrhoids ?

TMP

I am just surprised that people didn't know what these balls were before the book came out.

Maggie

I only read this article to hear about a vagina ball literally exploding... I'm extremely disappointed...

Tammy

Wait a minute! People needed to read a book to know these existed?! You know, it's a good idea to stroll by your local adult store every so often because I've know about these, and a lot of other things, for years.

Jexica

What have these crusty middle-aged women been doing all their lives? Who hasn't heard of these before? Never mind. I guess their ignorance explains why they're crusty.

partypoisonmcr

I'm hearing about this book way too much. Is it bad, is it good? Should I take the plunge and read it and regret it like "Twilight"?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments