Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

Lo

To the people saying it's a culture thing, they kiss once on each cheek. Not once on the cheek, then closer to his lips, then almost on his lips. I don't blame Will at all, you never know if someone can have a cold sore or whatnot. And I'm not a homophobe, but I'd be upset about some random man kissing me... Way to go Will!

Pooface

Will, you dumb****, homophobe, scientologist bastard!

Brodi

I agree with what he did because if that guy tried to kiss me on the lips, I would have knocked his ass out. Not against gays or anything, but damn dude, control yourself.

Bill

That reporter deserved a right cross, not a slap.

Jed

I'm sorry but when did he kiss him on the lips...because I must've missed it! And while I agree that the reporter got too close we all know Will reacted that way to cover up for his widely reported homosexual tendencies.

Al Maldonado

Finally, one strong man stand for his rights against some of the freks out there in society. He should of bounce his heads with a few fist of fury, or done the rope a dope, like in the movie "ALI."

One reported down for the count. If this would of happen in LA, you know the reported would have been filling a law suit. "Gay Bashing."

Fishtale

You didn't hit him hard enough, Will!!!

Bill Kilpatrick

It's not about orientation. It's about respect. In some cultures, it is perfectly acceptable for two men to give one another a peck on the cheek, but this reporter was all over Smith like a horny dog. That would be off-putting in any instance, but to do so in front of every camera in the world - while the actor is trying to promote a movie - is ridiculous. That guy IS lucky he didn't get punched.

JUstin

I have noticed something about TMZ and Posters - Even a Rapist would get some support on the thread..lmao

Anny

Call that an attack? Geez, that's hardly a slap. Kissy guy is lucky that's all he got.

michelle

The headline is misleading...Mr. Smith does not attack a report...more like he fends off the reporter. There may have been a cultural misunderstanding but it certainly does not appear to be a huge deal. People wre apologizing to Mr. Smith and , while the Ukranian reporter did not appear to completely understand at the moment, I feel confident that he has survived and is emotionally able to handle this. Perhaps "his people" should warn foreigners that this is his schtick so that future misunderstandings are avoided!

Valentine

Well I'm from that ****hole called Ukraine, and no dude kisses each other here without being slapped

Randy L

I'm surprised so many of the posters are such homophobes... Smith's a real hero to you guys, huh?

In my younger days, when I lived in a different part of the country than I do now, I was approached by quite a few gay men.

A simple, "thanks, but no thanks" quickly ended all unwanted approaches, and no one left any the worse.

elpablo

While he can say that he supports homosexual marriage, his natural reaction to this perverted behavior speaks otherwise. Celebrities are now forced to say they accept the creation of homosexual marriage or risk being ostracized within their profession. This shows how delusional Hollywood really is. Time and time again though, the natural reaction to homosexual behavior is pure disgust, because it's clearly unnatural.

Elle W

That was NOT faire la bise. This 'reporter' placed MULTIPLE kisses on will's cheek, moving closer to his mouth, and wrapped his arm around his neck trying to keep him from turning his head so he could plant one on him. EEEEEW. Lmao, will almost punched him, but his conscience saved him and turned his fist into a smooth backhand. Smdh

Previous 15 Comments | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments