Robin Gibb

Dead at 62

5/20/2012 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0520_robin_gibb_gettyRobin Gibb, one-third of the legendary group the Bee Gees, died Sunday after a long battle with cancer. He was 62.

His spokesperson released a statement that reads, "The family of Robin Gibb, of the Bee Gees, announce with great sadness that Robin passed away today following his long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery. The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time."

Gibb was diagnosed two years ago with colon and liver cancer. He had been hospitalized several times in the last few years, most recently last month with pneumonia.

Gibb was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1994 and the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three years later.

The soundtrack album to "Saturday Night Fever" was the top-selling album until Michael Jackson's "Thriller" took the title.

Woot

We'll miss you, baby. Rest in peace.

Duilama

Robin, love you.
Thanks for the music!
Rip

I am sure you will be in Heaven, not like MJ!

cjs

I'll never forget I Started a Joke. I was a kid ( 10 years younger than he) but I got it. Such a talented soul a guy with REAL talent. So sad for his family and fans.

LOVELIFE

My condolences goes out to the gibbs family my prays are with you love your fan!

Babs Kramer

RIP Robin Gibb. Sympathies to his family and loved ones. The Bee Gees are one of my favorites from their earliest music through to their disco era. In fact, their best songs were before the Saturday Night Fever craze. Fanny Be Tender With My Love. Doesn't get better than that.

Mary

Robin Gibb, will be missed. Rip : )

PokerStar

RIP Robin . . .

Truth

Two down, one to go.

ada

GOD BLESS his family .

Mable Hong

My Dearest Robin, your particular sound, songs will stay in the world as a legend! Robin, you will be missed all the times, I love you forever! go peace with blessings!! and thank you deeply on all you had done through the whole life~~lovely music is the best gifts to us! chao, my love!

Imperial

Rest in peace.

tellmeaboutit

A fun time in music and a talent gone far too soon. RIP, Robin Gibb.

christine

omg, that is what my cousin died of in december...looks like these two cancers tend to go hand in hand.god bless him and his family

Stormy

Hope that he kept oil in his lamp for the man upstairs. RIP.......

Jay W.

RIP Robin... Thanks for the memories !