Sports Illustrated Model

Death Threats

from Chris Brown Fans

5/22/2012 10:40 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/22/2012 1:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0522-chrissy_teigan_chris_brown
Victoria's Secret and S.I. swimsuit model Chrissy Teigen has been bombarded with violent, twisted threats from multiple  Chris Brown fans ... after Teigen criticized his performance at the Billboard Music Awards ... TMZ has learned.

Teigen has been under fire ever since she tweeted about Brown's performance Sunday night ... "Why sing when you can dance?"

Team Breezy went insane ... hammering Chrissy with horrible messages that read:

-- "all you do is talk s**t, you need to be raped and murdered."
-- "killyoself bitch ur nothing but tall thatswhy you model. your nothing."
-- "ditzy dumb ass tramp your mother should've aborted you."
-- "i hope you are the next 'celebrity' to die"
-- "you have the brain capacity of a turtle, just die."

Chrissy posted a statement about the situation ... saying, "Reallllly makes me sad that 99% of the most disturbing comments come from young girls. I'll end it there but it make me sad."

She added, "I have some screen caps. And I will do everything I can to make sure people know, internet or not, you CAN'T say this s**t."

The Twitter handles responsible for most of the threats have been deleted.

update_bar
1:00 PM PT -- Chris Brown just responded to the firestorm on Twitter, urging his fans to stop their onslaught, writing, "Team Breezy! Lets stop sending death threats! I know y'all bout that life but it's the wrong message! Ur turning haters into victims!"

He added, "And that only furthers their pointless existence!"

vtajen

No doubt this will continue to feed his over inflated ego. It's a sign of the disgusting society we live in and it's only getting worse. Too many people just turn a blind eye to the truth.

jabby

I don't understand the need to tweet. If you're going to slam a fellow celebrity, don't get upset when their fans berate you. Don't even know who she is. She looks old.

SittingInJudgement

All of those comments were written by Chris Brown using different avatars..

Jake

This clearly shows that a celebrity gets the fans they deserve.

popo

so much rapper i dont like anymore cause they team with that ***got ass brown .....the game,snoop,lil wayne .loyd banks BOYCOTT ANYTHING CHRISS CACA BROWN

blueflameford

What's wrong with saying "Why sing when you can dance?" I would never have even known that was some terrible insult, to be honest.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

how long before brown is back in jail?

Kari

Sure looks like Chris Brown doesn't have fans at TMZ.

Marlina

Anyone who defends this lip synching A** is ignorant and a child. They have no clue about real talent. CB should be ashamed of his lip synching at every event. TAKE BACK HIS GRAMMY!!

Jasmine

All of you can shut the **** up with your opinions for the simple fact that you were not on twitter when her ass was recklessly tweeting arguing with his fans. I never heard of her until 2 days ago. But every chance she gets she tweets hateful things about his fans. Then play innocent. No ma'am! You give hate, you get hate. I didn't send her hate because I don't have the time and that solves nothing in my opinion. But it is some sane fans in Chris fan base. The ones who said crazy **** like that were the delusional ones. Lol I don't mess with those. But the part were Chrissy was wrong was being as old as she is on twitter arguing with some teens. That's like my mother going to my school getting into it with my classmates. Makes no sense right? Lol but whatever I'm not the one to judge. I leave that up to god. Not about to complain about things and not changed them. But hey, that's just being logical. Sure I'll get 123456789 dislikes for being positive because TMZ commenters is full of hateful bitter people who aren't happy with there lives so put down people having problems in theirs. Because you know, we have the right to be in peoples business? eh? No. Get lifes!

GGG

Here we go again with these keyboard warriors. Buncha little brats that wouldn't have the nuts to say it to someones face. People are so gross.

liquid kitty

Chris Brown is still alive? Go figure.

FreeWill

Women defending that D****Bag!!! She should expose the nicknames of those that insult her, let the internet take care of them.

Joe

Any female (or anyone for that matter) that still likes Chris Brown is just a poor ignorant idiot.

KnuckleDragger

I'd NEVER take a death threat serious on Twitter. C'mon...it's Twitter...not The Sopranos.