Will Smith Kisser

I APOLOGIZE

I Just Got Emotional

5/23/2012 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

052312_smith_reporter_launch
The Ukrainian reporter who tried to kiss Will Smith at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" last week just APOLOGIZED for the red carpet stunt -- saying, "I'm sorry, Will. It was a splash of emotion."

As we reported, the journalist in question -- a guy named Vitalii Sediuk who's known for kissing celebrities -- tried to plant a wet one on Will Smith at the red carpet event, and Will responded by slapping him in the face.

Now, Sediuk tells Hip Hollywood, "I do apologize for my behavior ... I think it was too much."

Sediuk says, "Will Smith is a person who I deeply respect as an actor ... When I met him in Moscow, I wanted to do something to impress him."

"We have a Slavic tradition ..." Sediuk continues. "I don't kiss every man or women when I see them in the street ... but that time I decided to do that."

He adds, "Next time, if I meet him, I'll just shake his hand."

billy cema

Now if the cameras weren't there; imo, Will would have grinned "ear-to-ear"!
Vitalii is a simply guy. If he was a bit more sophisticated, he would choose to steer clear of him, because he'd perceive Will as an asexual guy.
If he is gay, he'd likely know this.

Muppet

I think this man's apology is genuine. He recognises he made a mistake in judgement. Now time to put it behind them and move on. People make mistakes.

Seldombinlaid

He's lucky it wasn't me, he would have been picking his confused can off the floor.

ametz

Ok, so the guy tried to cheek kiss this guy, Smith slaps him and continues on and say's the dude tried to kiss him on his mouth... Uhm... I did not see any indication this reported tried to kiss him on the mouth. Will is a dbag who thinks to highly of himself.

vox pop

This was just a big PR stunt for upcoming movie. Will Smith is over rated actor and singer. I use to listen to rap back in the day and he was nowhere to be found on the charts. Even the rappers back in the day hated his music. His only talent was having a catchy hook that caught on. Talk about luck....

Loud4Many

The wrong man is apologizing. When I saw how that dirt bag responded to something so harmless, the one thing that went through my mind was "this piece of garbage puts himself on an unimaginably high pedestal."

vox pop

I wonder how much Will Smith paid the guy to take a hit.

vox pop

Why is Will Smith not being pursued by a Gay activist group yet. Will should be apologizing to guy not the other way around. Is Will Smith Homophobic.

wow ew

Yea rule number 1 to impressing a black man or any man for that matter is not to kiss him on the lips or worse, try to kiss him on the lips while licking his ear. (Which is what he did.)

DaveT

Guy looks like an 80's band member from Menudo.

Passion Of The Taint

THE FIRST REACTION IS THE RIGHT REACTION!

SO MANY WOULD HAVE SLUGGED HIM IN THE MUG!

campy

Dude needs to moderately adjust the homo level.

bert

I feel sorry for the reporter, he meant no harm, he was just spontaneous, too bad Will Smith responds with agression...and even more bad people agree with him that hitting is right...its not!

Different-Time-Zone

It's strange how people keep talking about a "kiss on the lips". Did you see the video? There was no attempt of a kiss on the lips.

The Ukrainian journalist greeted Will with a kiss on his left cheek and Will hugged him! Here is the difference: American hug, Europeans don't but they kiss on BOTH cheeks! There are no lips on the cheeks.

Will ACCEPTED the first kiss (on his left cheek), HUGGED THE JOURNALIST and when the journalist — according to the European custom — was kissing him on his right CHEEK he reacted with unexpected aggressiveness.
Will's slapping was stupid and inappropriate: the evidence is that the audience booed him (again: did you see the video?).

Besides, a kiss on the cheek is an ancient tradition: didn't Judas kiss Jesus?

bewildered

He didn't admit to trying to kiss him on the mouth. He said he tried to kiss him on both "cheeks" with is customary wihtin his culture. Will turned his head thus making it appear as if he was going to his mouth or ear. I do think grasping Will behind his neck and forcing the greeting upon him was wrong. Will over reacted none the less. Shoving the reporter off of him was enough. He didnt need to reach back and slap him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments