Justin Bieber

Battery Suspect

5/28/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0528_bieber_gsi
Justin Bieber
is a suspect in a criminal battery ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Justin was in Calabasas, where he lives, just after noon Sunday at a mall called The Commons.  A paparazzo attempted to take Justin's picture and, according to law enforcement, some sort of physical altercation erupted between Justin and the camera guy.

The photog called 911, and when cops arrived Justin and GF Selena Gomez had already split.

The photog complained of pain to his upper torso, an ambulance was summoned and he was taken to a local hospital where he was examined and released a short time later.

The photog filed a police report naming Justin as the culprit. Cops are investigating the incident as a misdemeanor battery.

Law enforcement tells us detectives want to speak with Justin, Selena and any other witnesses.

We placed a call to Justin's rep ... so far, no comment.

update_bar

Witnesses also say the photog had been blocking Justin's car as the singer was trying to leave.  Justin got out of the car and asked the guy to move away but he wouldn't, and a scuffle ensued.

robert

justin you need me for your security !!!!

bunny

The next headline "Justine Bieber loses shoe in scuffle"

NobodySpecial

Is this a setup ? Maybe bieber is looking for "street cred" for his lame azz hip hop career.

TMN

Don't blame him/her at all, paparazzis' are pretty much the s*** of the earth. Too bad the paparazzi wasn't attacked by a man and had the living **** beaten out of that worthless parasite of an "photographer".

Mike

Beebs should be arrested for those ridiculous pants, if nothing else. Looks like he is turning into a money-obsessed, self-absorbed, arrogant, angry crybaby - just like his hip-hop homies.

JMP

"We're told several witnesses at the scene say after the altercation, a lawyer walked up to the photog and said he could get a lot of money out of the incident and advised the dude to call for an ambulance and file a police report.
" TYPICAL - listen all you idiots - if a crime happens to you, go to the police.

Kowny Krush

Just some BS concocted to make JB look tuff instead of like a tiny lez.

oink

He is tring to act like Joustin Beaver and whip everything in sight. sue his arse....

ohyesidid

OMG! If Justin Beiber somehow managed to hurt me I would never NEVER admit it to ANYONE. That kid is in serious need of some nutrition and has absolutely no muscle tone whatsoever. "Uh, yeah, Justin Beiber hurt me in my chest" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" He'll go down in history as the one person JB hurt. How embarassing.

Sloane

interesting that he's claiming a skinny little kid like Bieber hurt hiim and caused him "pain"
I'm sure the humiliation of a skinny kid "hurting" him is made much easier for him by the law$uit I smell coming for all the "pain and suffering!!"

RealityBites

ah-ha-ha, what kind a wuss would admit that they got roughed up by Justin Bieber....now that's funny

Chris

The Photog's Mom must be so proud! Her son got beat up by Justin Bieber! lol

krystal

So sick of these photographers!! They dont leave celebrities alone! you make money off trying to ruin peoples lives!! How is that a job!! Get a real job!!
I love Tmz because at least from you guys show you ask..kinda silly questions. And you back off when its time to back off!
They shouldnt be able to block a person in and not let them go! they should be charged with kidnapping then or something!! There needs to be laws to protect celebrities soon!

oink

Photogs help make these people Rich and Famous. so let them take pics. i hope the guy sues lil lesbian Beebs for Millions....

Bird

People act like f_cking children these days. "Oh, he pushed me out of the way because I was blocking his car! I'm telling!" or "Oh, she slapped me across the face because I was acting like a total bitch, I'm filing a lawsuit and pressing charges!!". Whatever happened to the days when people could take a little damage and not go running to the police immediately? If you're not physically injured, and there are no scratches or marks on you, you shouldn't be allowed to waste the courts/police time over it. It's like the elementary school playground all over again. "Justin pushed me!" Well, stop being a tattletale and stay away from him from now on then. There are consequences for being a douche bag, and I think this photog realizes that now.