Bam Margera

HOSPITALIZED After 100-Ft Kayak Fall

6/1/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Bam Margera hospitalizedIn his latest desperate bid for a Darwin Award, Bam Margera kayaked off a 100-foot cliff in Oregon two days ago ... and he landed his ass in very familiar territory ... the hospital.

Bam tweeted the picture yesterday, claiming he had to undergo an emergency hernia operation following the tandem kayak stunt with pro kayaker Steve Fisher.

0601-bam-margera-twitter-subIt's unclear if Fisher was also injured during the fall -- but one thing's for certain ... they're both really, really stupid.

Get well soon.

lauren

too obnoxious to die.

Cathy

Isn't he getting a little old for this kind of stuff?

Aretha Poindexter

who is the narrator on the show

yo mama

natural selection didn't do its job

nof

I'm amazed at the courage this takes/took -

I admire people that LIVE - and don't SIT.

bizza

first off...pro kayakers run waterfalls of this height often. Next, the other guy in the kayak, steve fisher, is one of the, if not the best white water kayakers in the world. Also, kayaks are made to run waterfalls of this height...check them out: dagger nomad, liquid logic Jefe or stomper. jackson kayaks also makes a couple worthy kayaks. almost every comment on here shows the ignorance of the people writing the comments. I am not saying bam should be running this drop, however he really didn't have much part in running this..he was basically along for the ride. the world record is a 186ft. waterfall in which no injury occured. it has already been ran by atleast one other kayaker since it's first completion. i am not saying anything about bam's smarts or lack of, but everything else i have read on here leads me to believe that most of you are dumber than he is. atleast he is out there living life, not sitting at home wasting theirs away on the internet. hell ya to bam and steve! if you don't believe me go to the website: bombflow and get educated!

Chilli

As a kayaking enthusiast this dude has mad balls going over it, For those that don't know in this sport it's not uncommon for someone to get hurt, I myself slipped a disc in my lower back 3 years ago, it's not a death wish it's just that some people live more in a year then others do in a life time

Rory

He's looking more like his dad and uncle every day. Not a good thing.

Cartman

I hope he makes it next time.

And by "makes it" I mean kills himself.

Beep Boob

You all obviously are mid forties, and went from college straight to a job. **** that ****. Have you ever thought back and wished you had done something? Have you ever tried kayaking? This reminds me of an article published when Sarah Burke passed asking whether 'extreme sports' had gone too far. **** you all.

CC

Next time kayak off a 300 foot cliff.....

campy

He pulled through? Dammit.

Jenn

Multnomah Falls? Seriously? You know Bam, there's a reason the locals were staring at you and pointing. They probably thought you were nuts. Looks like they were right. This need to cheat death isn't getting you anywhere, and it's just not all that cute anymore.

BB not bb

The professional kayaker looks fine, so maybe he was in better shape to take such a steep plunge. Your internal organs stay in mid air while your body falls with gravity when you free fall, which might have caused the hernia. Maybe if you do things like this enough in small steps, it strengthens the tendons that hold your insides together. The other guy is apparently fine after this.

That is why you get that funny feeling in your stomach when you go on a flume ride or a roller coaster. Your organs can't take the gravity of your body pulling them back down.

For this reason, sky divers can potentially damage their internal organs after too many jumps.

Shannon

I don't understand all the hatred towards him. Such a waste of energy, He did something much more exciting than wishing people would die. Anyway it's something I bet he won't ever forget! I'd never have the guts to do it! Go Bam! And feel better!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments